Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: 2005 Caterham SV for sale

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    10

    Default 2005 Caterham SV for sale

    I am offering my 2005 Caterham SV up for sale. Fully loaded with unique instrument color, full weather package and a bikini top. 220HP Zetec. 9542 miles. 34K or best offer. Located in Memphis TN. Car is fully registered in TN. PM me with questions.

    Name:  IMG6 small.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  93.1 KB

    Name:  IMG4 small.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  99.8 KB

    Name:  IMG1 small.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  99.2 KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Wait, now how is it there is another 7 in Memphis and I haven’t seen it?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Wait, now how is it there is another 7 in Memphis and I haven’t seen it?
    Probably partially because it only averages ~666 miles a year.
    2001 Caterham Superlight R

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    Probably partially because it only averages ~666 miles a year.
    It is really quite sad when you put it that way....

    Andy 69 - I'm in East Memphis and have not been to the track so that might be why we haven't met.



    I've had a few questions about the car so I am providing more info for the group.

    I purchased the car from a gentleman in Conroe Texas. The car was built by a group of experimental aircraft guys at a hanger in Conroe and the owner of the car, who paid for it, later died and one of his friends helped sell the car. I was active in the Lotus club of Houston (aka LOST – Lotus Owners of South Texas) and a friend of mine and member of USA7s helped me with the purchase. He owns two Caterhams and he was super excited about mine. The car was exceptionally well maintained and I purchased it on the spot in ~2012. I’ve maintained it to their standard and I do drive it regularly to keep it lubed and running well. The only scratches are on the carbon fiber rear wheel rock guards. Otherwise it looks like the day I bought it with about 1500 more miles.

    It is a Ford SVT 4 cylinder, tires are like new, 5 speed transmission, Caterham leather seats, no modifications, everything I have goes with it. Covers for the lights, full weather gear, doors, bikini top, heater tubes, carbon fiber side mirrors, 2 sets of 4 point harnesses (3 points are still there), build manual, notes from the builders, and newspaper article from the local paper about their build.

    What I like about this car is that it is the perfect canvas for someone that wants to upgrade and/or modify. Everything is currently super stock and I think it could benefit further from a racing stripe and/or more horsepower. 220 was enough for me, but I know you all really love to tinker…

    Reasonable offers will be entertained as the price is negotiable.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,955

    Default

    Lovely looking color. Decent spec too.
    Mike
    2010 Caterham CSR with Cosworth 2.3 Duratec
    2018 Caterham 420R with 2L Duratec 210hp at Donington UK
    1975 BMW CSL Group 4 (restoration - engine and dry sump install time)
    1977 Holden Torana "A9X" (awaiting restoration)
    1985 Holden Commodore SS Group A
    1985 Holden Commodore Group A
    1982 Ferrari 400i
    1965 Ford Mustang Fastback "Holman Moody"
    1992 Ford Escort RS Cosworth WRC (fettling after long period of storage)
    1990 Range Rover 2 door Classic
    and another project car coming....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    320

    Default

    It's a very good looking 7. Love the gauges.

    Svt zetec is nice too.

    Are you saying you put 1500 miles over last 8 years?
    2001 Caterham Superlight R

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,719

    Default

    Vlad: 8 years x 666 miles a year is 5328, not a lot but not all that unusual. The hp of 220 is possible but at the upper limit of a Zetec. Maybe it was built to a higher spec? My SVT Zetec makes about 160 hp at the wheels. I am sure the 220 hp is a flywheel #, so maybe 190 hp at the wheels?

    Anyhow, it is a great looking Cat, in great shape and the SV spec is a bonus. If it doesn't sell here, maybe wander over to Bring A Trailer. Caterhams have done exceptionally well there.
    Kitcat:AKA, Sir Spinsalot
    '97 Caterham Super Sprint, 1700 Crossflow-sold
    '09 Birkin S3, Duratec-sold
    '03 Caterham Zetec track car
    '19 Honda Type R, sold
    '19 Miata Clubsport

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandfire View Post
    It is really quite sad when you put it that way....

    Andy 69 - I'm in East Memphis and have not been to the track so that might be why we haven't met.



    I've had a few questions about the car so I am providing more info for the group.

    I purchased the car from a gentleman in Conroe Texas. The car was built by a group of experimental aircraft guys at a hanger in Conroe and the owner of the car, who paid for it, later died and one of his friends helped sell the car. I was active in the Lotus club of Houston (aka LOST – Lotus Owners of South Texas) and a friend of mine and member of USA7s helped me with the purchase. He owns two Caterhams and he was super excited about mine. The car was exceptionally well maintained and I purchased it on the spot in ~2012. I’ve maintained it to their standard and I do drive it regularly to keep it lubed and running well. The only scratches are on the carbon fiber rear wheel rock guards. Otherwise it looks like the day I bought it with about 1500 more miles.

    It is a Ford SVT 4 cylinder, tires are like new, 5 speed transmission, Caterham leather seats, no modifications, everything I have goes with it. Covers for the lights, full weather gear, doors, bikini top, heater tubes, carbon fiber side mirrors, 2 sets of 4 point harnesses (3 points are still there), build manual, notes from the builders, and newspaper article from the local paper about their build.

    What I like about this car is that it is the perfect canvas for someone that wants to upgrade and/or modify. Everything is currently super stock and I think it could benefit further from a racing stripe and/or more horsepower. 220 was enough for me, but I know you all really love to tinker…

    Reasonable offers will be entertained as the price is negotiable.
    I’m in the Quince and Kirby area.

    I’ll bet it’s a blast. Mine has the fuel injected 1.4 K series so about 130 HP. My son and I went down to Collierville a coupLe days ago. He says he hates it but he always wants to go for a ride. He ratted me out to his mom about the donut I did. Lol.

    Id be all over it but I just sold a car to make room in the garage for the car that was sitting in the driveway. But like I tell the Mrs when she asks how many cars does one person need: n+1

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    bethesda maryland
    Posts
    157

    Default

    25k now

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitcat View Post
    Vlad: 8 years x 666 miles a year is 5328, not a lot but not all that unusual. <snip>
    From Post #4 written by OP/seller:
    "...I purchased it on the spot in ~2012. <snip>Otherwise it looks like the day I bought it with about 1500 more miles."

    666/year came from overall mileage divided by overall age. OP bought used 8 years ago and has only put 1500 miles on it since then (indeed. unfortunate)

    If he can sell it for what he paid, the registration and insurance each year might be making it >$1/mile to own (which might be an even worse way to think about it).

    AP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •