Due to an increasingly-demanding work schedule accompanied by the extreme weather seasons here in Nebraska, I think it's probably best to let someone else enjoy this car.
I purchased it in October of 2012 with the thoughts of using it as a weekend driver and an occasional autocross car. SCCA moved all of the local autox events an hour away from me, so this car has only seen a handful of weekend morning drives since purchasing it.
I'm the third owner. First owner built a roller, second owner finished the car, I bought it with plans to get it sorted and get it road worthy. Car drives great, has plenty of premium components, is easy to maintain, no vibrations, and is just a blast to drive. Fact is, I just don't have the time to spend on the car or even drive it. More (most?) importantly, my wife would like a 3rd car that she can drive around town too. I haven't had any mechanical issues with the car, but there may be some additional sorting needed.
Car is completely street legal and is registered, titled, and plated as a 1963 Assembled Lotus Seven Replica.
Album here: http://imgur.com/a/fE5pa
Short video driving around the mean streets of Omaha: Leisurely drive on the mean (and straight) streets of Omaha - YouTube
- 2006 Yamaha R1 motor.
- 175hp stock, higher with included (not installed) Power Commander
- 84/85 RX7 GSL (disk brakes, LSD) rear end. 3.9:1 (4.11:1?) ratio.
- Miata front spindles
- CMC chassis & bodywork
- R1 radiator
- Oil pan baffle (and a spare)
- Paddle shifter (sequential transmission)
- Heavy duty clutch springs installed
- Electric gear indicator
- Electric parking brake
- JAZ fuel cell
- GAZ coilovers
- Brand new Yokohama AD08 205/50-15 tires.(Installed June 2013, less than 200mi) Still have the nubs on them.
- Team Dynamics wheels
- Momo quick-release steering wheel
- Schroth 5-point belts with quick release
- Kirkey seats
- Fire extinguisher
- Braille lightweight battery
- ITG filter
- Birkin rear lights
- Tilton pedals with balance bar
- Less than 200mi on brake pads & fluid
- 130" long, 65" wide
- Full glass windshield, frame, and mounting kit (from Kinetic) are sitting here ready to install - http://goo.gl/4Ztspk
- SpeedoHealer & PowerCommander both included but not installed
- Plenty of other miscellaneous parts & leftovers (bolts and whatnot) from the R1.
- Chassis was extended by 4" by previous owner due to his height (6' 5"). Due to my lack of height (5' 9.875"), I moved the seat up a few inches. Gained a bit of storage space behind the seat this way - great place to store the registration, insurance info, and a small tool bag. If you're tall, there's room to move the seat back.
- No reverse
- Car is wrapped in 3M matte orange vinyl. The installer could have done a better job around the edges. Original color underneath is BMW "Urban Green". Paint wasn't holding up very well.
- Oil level sensor is likely bad, as the oil light blinks on the instrument cluster. Oil is clean and the level is perfect, so haven't bothered to replace the part until it's time for an oil change. The new part is included, just not installed.
- Car hasn't seen any repeated, heavy, cornering or braking loads yet. Car turns and brakes very well, but care should be taken here before you make sure everything is sorted out.
- Speedometer is completely incorrect. Odometer mileage is incorrect because of this. A SpeedoHealer is included but not installed. I used a cell phone to get GPS speed. Odometer reads 5130 miles. The donor motorcycle apparently had <1000mi on it when the engine was pulled. Previous owner claimed he only put a couple hundred miles on it before he sold it to me. I've likely put less than 500mi on it myself.
Located in Omaha, NE.
Price reduced to $13,000
Please reply here, PM me, or email me at ace(at)jetter(dot)com. Thanks!