Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1961 Series 2

Default 1961 Series 2

Longtime lurker, first time poster. ;-P

Happy to announce that the project I took over in 2009 is done and should be back in NJ in a few months. Actually looking to drive it home (with support)...but that is for another thread.

No name yet. I hear some call it "Bessie".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bete Noir.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	4818  

Great News Al! Hopefully we'll get to see it in person this summer.

(let's talk about the possibility of expanding the trackday outing to include some touring, etc, for those like Taber and you, who enjoys the camaradarie but doesn't want to track their cars)

Tom
    Mangia bene, Ridi spesso, Ama molto, Guidare veloce

2000 Caterham Superlight #123
    1.8L VHPD Rover K Series
    2009 Caterham SV
    2.3L Cosworth Duratec

It is such a relief to know that I am finally coming home with Al to New Jersey. After all these years it will be nice to see another part of the US. I understand that my new home will be pride of place in Al's den at home, happily dripping some Mobil 1 on his lovely white shag rug .

While I will never be a track car, I take great solace in the knowledge I look better than some of the other tarts....errr..ladies...err...sevens on this forum (in my opinion of course...). None of that nasty carbon fiber for me!

Al sweetie dearest....can I ask for a truck ride home so my nice new wobbly wheels do not go all wobbly? Pretty please?

Kissies!
    Bessie

Al,

Congratulations!!! Is Bessie still in Denver with Ben? If you are coming out to get her let me know and we will arrange a gathering of the Colorado Sevens to send her off to her new home.

@Skip: It is about to go into storage out there for a few months. As noted above, I am currently planning on driving it home in the Spring (probably late May?).

I'll be in contact as those plans get more fully baked.

Good job for a newbie! We need more pix! If you drive it home, will you have put more miles on her than you put on Orange?

Keep us posted on itinerary. I have a tow vehicle and trailer and wld be happy to help out if you have need and are within striking distance. Or, I might just come to an overpass and waive you by.

You do know that May is rain month in the mid-west? Not to mention tornados. Drys out by early June.

BTW-A great, and often scenic, route from Cincy-to near Hagerstown MD is route 32, then 50, up I-79 abt 40 miles, then over on 68. Very lightly traveled, even on the interstates (except I-79). Almost no semi's. Once you hit I-70 just before Hagerston it gets ugly.
    Last edited by Kitcat; 02-25-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    '97 Caterham Super Sprint, 1700 Crossflow-sold
    '09 Birkin S3, Duratec-sold
    '03 Caterham Zetec track car

You are welcome to stay at my house in KC if you pass this way. I am about 10 miles south of I-70. Russ

Oh, and Al, you are welcome to stay too.

And at my house while in the Denver area.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to start a separate thread about the trip...so be sure to repost in there! Let's save this thread for more pix and info of the car!