Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention: Stolen 7, Saturday Jun 9ish

Default Attention: Stolen 7, Saturday Jun 9ish

Stolen from my garage in Seattle, WA some time last night.

The car: 96' Caterham Classic live axle, yellow nose, bare aluminum body and bonnet, green clamshell wings and rear fenders, chasis # SDKLLKANSV0020637, black bench seats. 13" steel wheels, no spare, side exhaust. dual webbers, 1.7l crossflow. Other identifying features would be the ceramic coating that is flaking off the exhaust headers, missing driver-side carpet, and red 4-point driver's harness (passenger side is the stock 3-point).

Seattle Police Department, Incident #12-181124
    non-emergency (206) 625-5011
    online reporting: http://www.seattle.gov/police/report/default.htm

So please keep your eyes open for anyone trying to sell parts, and PM me if you have any information. Thanks!
    Last edited by No_6; 06-12-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Updated with SPD information
    If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, he's probably a backmarker.

Wow sorry to hear this.

Post some pictures and we'll be on the alert. Especially stuff that is specific. I'm pretty sure it is being repainted about now. The stuff like the seatbelt asymmetry is the kind of thing that will give it away. They wont get away with it!

Darn, and I thought Se7ens are unstealable here in the US but I guess not every thief would know about the community dragnet.

I hope you get it back in one piece or have good insurance.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty much unstealable myself. I'm guessing it's a joyride, but who knows.

Here's a few pics. The picture of the interior is out-of-date, though, as the drive shaft tunnel is now covered with carpet.

Another distinguishing feature is that the dash lights aren't current working, I had a manual choke installed, which is low on the left side, the center rear-view mirror is currently in the boot, there are two small dings in the windshield on the driver's side right at eye level that have been filled, and a couple of the adjustment knobs on the carbs have been wired so that they can't be twiddled with.... hm, and the rear shocks are brand-spanking new adjustable units.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0735.jpg 
Views:	1892 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	4175  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0035.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	4176  

Name:	dscn1032_std.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	4177  

Last edited by No_6; 06-10-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, he's probably a backmarker.

It's got a 5-speed transmission, and Quaif transmission case, but it's not a Quaif transmission. Quaif LSD, with 4.1 ratio differential.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine_Bay.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	4178  

Name:	DSCN0430.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	4179  

NO_6,

I posted your post on the California Caterham Club forum for you.

Hope you find your car and the person who took it.

Here is a link to post for your info.

http://californiacaterhamclub.com/ch...5194#post15194
    Martin Keller
    Ventura, Ca.

Thanks for all the help, guys. As far as I can tell, there are no used Caterhams for sale anywhere, and only a handful of Birkins. This really has to have been a joyride. I'm going to contact the local vintage racing club this week as well, as those would be the only guys who would by the engine parts.

I'll post on the Pac NW Corvette Forum. Do you have a police case# and department that should be called in case someone sees the car?
    2012 CSR 260, registered as a 1966 Super 7

Still in the massive grin stage. Damn bugs!