Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485

Thread: So, tell us a little about yourselves

I did reach out to Josh at Rocky Mountain Caterham, just after I joined here as they were not listed on the Caterham website. His response was first class. Answered every question I asked in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCh View Post
    Welcome and sorry to hear the dealers haven't met your expectations. Not sure what brand you're looking for, but if you are considering a Westfield, contact the US distributor directly. Tom is a good guy and very helpful. if you are looking for a Caterham, Bruce Beachman of Beachman Racing has a very good reputation on the forum, and as per this recent thread, the guys at Rocky Mountain Caterham are back in business. A lot of people on the forum have had very good experiences with them when buying their cars. I've also had positive experiences sourcing parts from them, even though I have a Westfield. Over the years some Caterham dealers have been a little uppity with me regarding Westfield ownership, so they score extra points in my book. If you are looking for something else, it might be worth posting the desired brand(s) to get other recommendations.

-John

Jonny B When I read your post, I was going to respond and say "Apologies on behalf of the Caterham dealers...give me a call and a chance to change your impression. I am glad to hear that Josh was responsive and helpful. I guess I raised him right after all.

Hello S7 enthusiasts. I have a 1990 Caterham Super Sprint, live axel, four speed. I bought the car from Vince Hayden Cars in 1997, when they were in Salisbury. I drove in England for several days then Hayden Cars disassembled it, and shipped the parts to me. After assembly at home in Escondido Ca, it was one of the first SB100 cars in California. Today I live on the southern Oregon coast. I’m retired from the medical device business, where I was an engineer and manager. I also enjoy my 67 Elan, and a couple of 50’s Alfa Giuliettas.
    Cheers, Brad

Welcome Brad. Sounds like you have an interesting collection of cars. A few photos would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad B View Post
    Hello S7 enthusiasts. I have a 1990 Caterham Super Sprint, live axel, four speed. I bought the car from Vince Hayden Cars in 1997, when they were in Salisbury. I drove in England for several days then Hayden Cars disassembled it, and shipped the parts to me. After assembly at home in Escondido Ca, it was one of the first SB100 cars in California. Today I live on the southern Oregon coast. Iím retired from the medical device business, where I was an engineer and manager. I also enjoy my 67 Elan, and a couple of 50ís Alfa Giuliettas.
    Cheers, Brad
    Bruce

Good to see a new member from the PNW! Agree with Bruce on your choice in cars and the request for photos

-John
    '95 Westfield SEiW w/2.0L Duratec
    '68 Lotus Elan FHC
    '91 Miata w/Flyin Miata suspension & brakes
    '95 Porsche 993 C2
    '86 Porsche 944 turbo (neglected project car)
    Throttle Steer

Brad, welcome to the group. Good folks here. Cheers.
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

Stalker Chassis #85 Build Gallery
    Stalker Chassis #85 Owner Thread

Get up in the morning and give the day your very best. You donít get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by 11Budlite View Post
    Welcome Brad. Sounds like you have an interesting collection of cars. A few photos would be nice!
    Brad's Cat next to my '62 just before heading out for a SoCal morning drive:
    Ron

'14 Evora IPS
    '84 Turbo Esprit
    '77 S1 (deceased)
    '62 Lotus Seven S2 109E Cosworth