Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie here (Upstate SC)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoram View Post
    No words... I'm in project sports car Mecca! I must not lose your number... When the time comes we will discuss LS3 instead of the 5.0L Ford... I'm partial since owning the Holden...
    I met someone "pre-covid" at Cars & Coffee (Michelin Corp Headquarters off Pelham Rd) with a Holden a year or so ago, was that you? If so, I was the gentleman with the Grabber Orange 69 GT500 fastback.

Bill S.

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Would have bought one before they finished production but I felt I had enough cars.....
    I can't believe you said that. Obviously, you have been going to "meetings." 'Hi, I'm Croc. I'm a caraholic...'

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
    I can assist there as well, as I've owned, built, rebuilt several 5.0L Ford powered Miatas. You want to read of one such adventure where we "found" the Greenville area, click HERE.
    Great thread. Thanks for the nice read.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmylukeii View Post
    Yoram, I am in Atlanta and may be a few weeks ahead of you in the process. I have had a great experience with Josh Robbins at Rocky Mountain Caterham so far. He has a 310r himself and gave me great perspective on questions I had.

I look forward to seeing what you do. And I'm happy to share my experience as I go along.

Very exciting!
    Jimmy, thanks! this is incredible; all the info, leads and friendly responses in one day! So glad to hear of your good experience with Rocky Mountain dealership. I will sure follow up with them.
    My preliminary thinking is a 270S or 310S with sport suspension and some R package options (brakes, limited slip diff, rear sway bar) and "track day" roll bar.
    Not sure I see the net gain in the 310 over the 270 (comparing the performance figures), so open to feedback...
    However, my biggest dilemma is whether to choose the standard or large chassis. I'd prefer the standard one but not sure my wife and I will be comfortable enough in it.
    Need to find a standard size car within driving distance to just try it for size... The Daytona Beach dealer has none.
    Since you are in the midst of the process, is the delivery direct from the UK to the destination of your choice and the dealer does all the customs release work?

Good luck in your process!

I met someone "pre-covid" at Cars & Coffee (Michelin Corp Headquarters off Pelham Rd) with a Holden a year or so ago, was that you? If so, I was the gentleman with the Grabber Orange 69 GT500 fastback.

Bill S.
    No, wasn't me. I have not had the Holden out at C&C. Last "public" outing was a weekend at the Tail of the Dragon October a year ago with several of the SS Forum folks. Had i been there I sure would have remembered the orange GT500 fastback... not so sure about the gentleman...

Quote Originally Posted by kayentaskier View Post
    As usual, Croc has summarized very clearly, making excellent points. Iíll throw in a recommendation for Josh Robbins of Rocky Mountain Caterham. I could not be more happy with support. Enjoy the search for your 7.
    Happy New Year,
    Jim
    Jim, warm thanks to you as well. This also makes for two recommendations for Rocky Mountain Caterham. Will call them yet today or Monday.
    Happy New Yearl!
    -Yoram

I can assist there as well, as I've owned, built, rebuilt several 5.0L Ford powered Miatas. You want to read of one such adventure where we "found" the Greenville area, click HERE.
    Neglected to applaud the great piece about buying and driving "cold turkey" the V8 Miata from FL to PA... great read!!

Default .... So... my first explicit call for help here...

Is there anyone with a standard size Se7en within ~250 mile radius from Greenville SC who is willing to allow my wife and me to just try it for size (sitting still) in order to help us decide whether to order the standard size (my preference) or the large size chassis? We will wear masks and gloves....
    Offering to compensate you for your trouble with a six pack of your choice and/or a spin (so long as not literally) in one of the following (you pick):
    Holden SSV Redline (Chevy SS) 6spd, 2010 Boxster 6spd, '87 911 coupe, 2005 Volvo V70 5spd (not R; see if we get any comments to this one...)

Ok, will increase the radius and/or beer count if needed.

Thanks and cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoram View Post
    2005 Volvo V70 5spd (not R; see if we get any comments to this one...)
    If I was local, this would be the one I'd take you up on. Sincerely an owner of 2 Auto R's and an XC70 that's in the process of being 6spd R swapped....
    2001 Caterham Superlight R

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    If I was local, this would be the one I'd take you up on. Sincerely an owner of 2 Auto R's and an XC70 that's in the process of being 6spd R swapped....
    Thanks!! Great to encounter Volvo heads even here. So you are essentially creating an R with a bit more ground clearance and a few more N-m?...
    The V70 is our (and our dogs') serene and beloved "roadmaster".
    Unfortunately sounds like you are really really not local, eh?... also prepared to drive to lower MI (have a place to stay) if that helps our cause...?