Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V8 LS-powered Stalker For Sale

Sounds like a great plan, thx Shane!

You already know how to drive: not many of us could successfully handle your Stalker without a steep learning curve. But, you will learn how to drive differently(use every square centimeter of track/curb, brake later than ever, accelerate sooner than ever, etc.). You will get there.

And dont be surprised if your much younger son starts posting faster times than you. Apart from the advantages of youth, he doesn't have to unlearn as much as you.
    Kitcat:AKA, Sir Spinsalot
    '97 Caterham Super Sprint, 1700 Crossflow-sold
    '09 Birkin S3, Duratec-sold
    '03 Caterham Zetec track car
    '19 Honda Type R, sold
    '19 Miata Clubsport

Quote Originally Posted by Kitcat View Post
    Sounds like a great plan, thx Shane!

You already know how to drive: not many of us could successfully handle your Stalker without a steep learning curve. But, you will learn how to drive differently(use every square centimeter of track/curb, brake later than ever, accelerate sooner than ever, etc.). You will get there.

And dont be surprised if your much younger son starts posting faster times than you. Apart from the advantages of youth, he doesn't have to unlearn as much as you.
    Sad, but true.
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

Stalker Chassis #85 Build Gallery
    Stalker Chassis #85 Owner Thread

Get up in the morning and give the day your very best. You donít get it back.

Amazing car, and well sorted. Sad to see you go. It's the car that convinced me to buy mine in 2011.

You should swap engine and transmissions with the miata...
    LS3 Stalker in works.

Shane, Sorry to see your Storker go. I am sure that people do not know how fully sorted that particular car is since you rebuilt it (updated chassis) with many components that were not available to the earlier Stalkers. Someone looking for an exceptional track weapon without a lot of finicky bits will love your car for sure. As Croc and others have mentioned, good on you for getting a couple of Miata's and bringing your son up in the racing tradition and learning about momentum as opposed to brute horsepower. Like my friends Krista and Glenn Minehart, all of their children can outrun them in SCCA autocross events and they are very proud of their brood.

Whatever you do, keep the secret from Suave that you are selling his fellow Storker. I won't mention this to Les Suave, his evil twin who could somehow try and derail your plans. Much good luck with the sale and somebody is going to get a very well sorted Brunton Stalker! Happy Holidays. Bob Schilling
    Last edited by Astro Bob; 12-13-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonjo2 View Post
    Amazing car, and well sorted. Sad to see you go. It's the car that convinced me to buy mine in 2011.

You should swap engine and transmissions with the miata...
    LOL! No way. The whole is idea is to force my son to drive at his limit in a car that wonít bit him in the a$$!

Quote Originally Posted by Astro Bob View Post
    Shane, Sorry to see your Storker go. I am sure that people do not know how fully sorted that particular car is since you rebuilt it (updated chassis) with many components that were not available to the earlier Stalkers. Someone looking for an exceptional track weapon without a lot of finicky bits will love your car for sure. As Croc and others have mentioned, good on you for getting a couple of Miata's and bringing your son up in the racing tradition and learning about momentum as opposed to brute horsepower. Like my friends Krista and Glenn Minehart, all of their children can outrun them in SCCA autocross events and they are very proud of their brood.

Whatever you do, keep the secret from Suave that you are selling his fellow Storker. I won't mention this to Les Suave, his evil twin who could somehow try and derail your plans. Much good luck with the sale and somebody is going to get a very well sorted Brunton Stalker! Happy Holidays. Bob Schilling
    Suave will forever remain in my care.
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

he's a lot quicker than you or i... more power never bad, esp in such a forgiving and capable miata...
    LS3 Stalker in works.

That was an astonishing car before the rebuild. The attention to detail was great. The grip and acceleration were both off the charts. I`m sure it is even more impressive now. Whoever buys it is getting agreat car at afraction of what it would cost to build.

Thanks, Jefferson.
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

One of the most informative, complete, precise, intriguing car ads I have ever read - great job!

Quote Originally Posted by xcarguy View Post
    Thanks, Jefferson.
    ​CURRENT:
    2015 Alfa Romeo 4C coupe, turbocharged. 6 speed DCT, heims/links, monoballs, swaybars, 2,440 lbs, 312 hp

1982 Porsche 935 "Flachbau"
    tribute, supercharged & intercooled 964 motor, built G50 trans, Albins LSD, heims/links, 2,500 lbs, 425 hp

EX Street & Track:
    2004 Ultralite S2K, Honda S2000 drivetrain, Mugen baffled sump,
    transverse/diff braces, heims/links, anti-surge fuel tank, oil accumulator
    2007 Backdraft Racing Roadster, Roush 402, heims/links, Wilwood big brakes
    2008 Lotus Exige S2, supercharged, chargecooler, 346 hp
    1993 Caterham, 1.8 liter Cosworth
    1991 Caterham, 1.7 liter crossflow
    1995 Mazda RX-7 FD, 2.6 liter Wankel, 276 hp
    1987 Dodge Shelby Charger, turbocharged

1976 Triumph TR-6, Paris blue
    1963 Mini-Cooper S 1071 cc
    1964 Jaguar XKE drophead coupe, 4.2 liter, BRG

EX Track Only:
    Panoz GTS, car # 23 from Panoz Racing Series, 4.6 liter V8
    2005 Toyota TRD Celica Junior NASCAR, V6 motor, Jericho 4-speed, "Clabber Girl" livery
    2003 OMS D Sport Racer, Yamaha R1 motor, sequential flat-shift trans, mid-rear engine, ALMS coachwork

". . . breakin' up is hard to do" Neil Sedaka

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce K View Post
    One of the most informative, complete, precise, intriguing car ads I have ever read - great job!
    ‘Thank you, Bruce.
    Stalker V8, chassis #85