Thread: WTB sill plates

Default WTB sill plates

Bought me a Caterham yesterday. Just waiting on delivery instructions. I will need two sill plates, I think that is what they are called, for a standard chassis. It’s the pieces that protect the sills from scratches getting in and out of the car. Carbon fiber or stainless steel.
    I’m in the SE USA.

Congrats Angelo, Tell us more. What specs. I have both, stainless and carbon on my cars. just depends on if you want to match your other trim items i guess. Doesn't make the car go any faster. Tom
    Mangia bene, Ridi spesso, Ama molto, Guidare veloce

2000 Caterham Superlight #123
    1.8L VHPD Rover K Series
    2009 Caterham SV
    2.3L Cosworth Duratec

Quote Originally Posted by yellowss7 View Post
    Congrats Angelo, Tell us more. What specs. I have both, stainless and carbon on my cars. just depends on if you want to match your other trim items i guess. Doesn't make the car go any faster. Tom
    Big disagree. I switched from stainless to carbon fibre and the weight savings is (almost) measurable. It definitely adds light(hearted)ness.
    2012 CSR 260, registered as a 1966 Super 7

Still in the massive grin stage. Damn bugs!

Doesn’t make the car go any faster? Heck.
    I bought a 2013 anniversary model. 1.6 liter Sigma De Dion and LSD. Only 200 miles on the car. Waiting to hear back from the seller on delivery instructions.
    I bought my last Seven from him years ago.
    the rear fender guards are stainless so I’ll probably go with stainless for the sills. But Carbon fiber would be fine.
    I am as excited as a kid at Christmas time.

"I am as excited as a kid at Christmas time."

Merry Christmas! Staying up late at night won't get it delivered any quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by panamericano View Post
    "I am as excited as a kid at Christmas time."

Merry Christmas! Staying up late at night won't get it delivered any quicker.
    haha. No it won’t.

Default Sill Plate Alternative

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    Bought me a Caterham yesterday. Just waiting on delivery instructions. I will need two sill plates, I think that is what they are called, for a standard chassis. Its the pieces that protect the sills from scratches getting in and out of the car. Carbon fiber or stainless steel.
    Im in the SE USA.
    When I painted my Caterham a while back, I replaced the scratched up metal rear fender protector plates with new ones. Wanting to protect more of the fender I had a shop that installs clear vinyl, or whatever they use, front end protection film add this to what the plates dont cover and continue it higher up the fender. I also had them put film on the top edges of the door openings or sills, or whatever you want to call them. To save money, you could probably do this yourself, and not have the shiny plates to look at. Just sayin
    Joel Hoffman

We can supply these in carbon for S3 and SVName:  sill-protectors-carbon-fibre-s3.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  24.0 KB

I have a set, call me @ 4325 785 8225 Seattle area