Thread: WCM Lotus 7 front sway bar

Default WCM Lotus 7 front sway bar

I have a 2004 WCM 7, and in autocross will pick up the inside rear wheel when cornering tight. That of course leads to wheel spin. A friend of mine with a Westfield, says a front sway bar would help hold the rear flat and down. I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has achieved that install. Thanks, Mel

The trick is to make the front stiffer than the back, Either by stiffening the front sway bar or by loosening the rear, if you have one. I have completely disconnected the rear sway bar on my 1987 1700 Supersprint and have no problem with rear wheel spin.

An LSD would also help.
    1987 Caterham 1700 Supersprint
    2002 Porsche Boxster
    2004 Porsche Boxster S
    1941 Dodge Luxury Liner
    2009 Mercedes CLK 350 Cabriolet
    2017 Chevrolet Volt

Thanks Anker. My ride does not have a front or rear sway bar, but does have an LSD. In a hard corner, it lifts the inside rear tire, and the LSD wants some traction to limit spin. So I am looking to find a way to put a sway bar on the front. That should limit wheel lifting.

At this years NJMP event I will be looking at anti roll bars to get some ideas for my Locost. I don't have either from for rear ARB's and want to at least add a front ARB. The rear will be easy but the front will be a little more challenging. It funny last year I was looking at Roll Bar ideas, This year it's Anti Roll Bar ideas, there is a theme here somewhere.

Graham