Thread: Caterham registration in Florida

Default Caterham registration in Florida

We have a customer who is trying to register his new Caterham in Florida. The DMV is telling him there is no such brand as "Caterham". Surely some has a Cat registered in Florida as such. If someone here has a Florida registered Caterham with "Caterham" as the make we would appreciate your contacting us. We have asked the title agent to request Tallahassee to look for a "Caterham" in their system but they are unwilling to do so. If we can present proof that they have registered car(s) that way previously, the title agent will have ammunition to push this through. Please contact me at rick@timemachinesauto.com Thank you!

Does Florida have a "Kit Car", "Home Built" or "Replica" designation available?
    2012 CSR 260, registered as a 1966 Super 7

Still in the massive grin stage. Damn bugs!

For Alabama the manufacturer was "Assembly" on the title application. The title came back as "Caterham". Go figure.

I registered my Caterham in Florida, initially in Nov 2007, and have renewed it every year, including recently for next year, as it comes due on my birthday in September. The "category" is "Specially constructed Vehicle" and you need to find a DMV that performs the inspection. My inspector was a State Policeman, tasked with that duty. Confirms that you actually constructed the vehicle--I had attached pictures of the boxes as received, and the two separate Bills of Sale--one for the car kit and one for the motor.
    Hope this helps,

Taber
    2007 Caterham 7 SV

This is how mine got registered

2000 CATERCAR CO. (ANTIQUE VEHICLE)

Guess Catercar is a brand in Florida
    Life Can Be Cruel

Quote Originally Posted by Taber10 View Post
    I registered my Caterham in Florida, initially in Nov 2007, and have renewed it every year, including recently for next year, as it comes due on my birthday in September. The "category" is "Specially constructed Vehicle" and you need to find a DMV that performs the inspection. My inspector was a State Policeman, tasked with that duty. Confirms that you actually constructed the vehicle--I had attached pictures of the boxes as received, and the two separate Bills of Sale--one for the car kit and one for the motor.
    Hope this helps,

Taber
    I pulled out my reg and my title today and was surprised to see that my car is registered as a "CATE" and the "primary brand" is listed as KIT CAR.
    2007 Caterham 7 SV

Thank you.This worked today to get the customer car registered as a "2020 Cate". Would you like a "CATERRHAM" hat? Black or tan?

The GA title on my Cat. MAKE CATERHAM MODEL SEVEN
    It was previously titled in Kansas MAKE CATE
    Life happens while you're making other plans
    1995 Caterham Crossflow RHD
    1990 Miata
    2007 GMC Sierra WT
    2013 Mini (Her's)
    2014 Outback
    JOHN DEERE D130