Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: 1998 Birkin S3, well sorted and major updates

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I was wondering if this is still available? Thanks Rich
    Stalker XL LS3 powered

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Yes, it is still available for the right person/ home.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I am happy to say I am the new owner of this Birkin as it is on a truck headed to Massachusetts. The car was exactly as the owner Jim described it and isvery well sorted. Jim was very accommodating and pleasure to deal with.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Congrats, nice car!
    2000 Caterham 7 w/ 2.0 Zetec
    1955 Porsche 550 Spyder Tribute (Beck)
    2014 Audi R8 V10 Spyder
    2018 John Cooper Works Mini

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Djplaster View Post
    I am happy to say I am the new owner of this Birkin as it is on a truck headed to Massachusetts. The car was exactly as the owner Jim described it and isvery well sorted. Jim was very accommodating and pleasure to deal with.
    Congratulations, it's a really nice car and Jim did a great job of sorting it out.

    Enjoy the ride.

    Bill S.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Welcome fellow Zetecer to NE. You have an identical Zetec model with VCT like mine. I believe Cougar was the source for these.

    East or West MA?
    2001 Caterham Superlight R

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,819

    Default

    As yet another Zetec powered se7en owner, welcome. I just had mine tuned and it made 152 hp, 140 lbs torque at the rear wheels on a "conservative" chassis dyno. Relatively flat curves as well.

    It feels very fast, even though it is not as powerful as current Duratec powered se7ens. Mine is the SVT version, which I believe was only made from 2002-2004. So likely yours is the earlier version which could make similar power with various mods.

    It will be a challenge for you to match the prior owner's accumulation of 60+K miles. What a die hard. Higher mileage se7ens always seem to have fewer problems as they are so well sorted. Enjoy your new ride!
    Last edited by Kitcat; 12-21-2020 at 08:21 AM.
    Kitcat:AKA, Sir Spinsalot
    '97 Caterham Super Sprint, 1700 Crossflow-sold
    '09 Birkin S3, Duratec-sold
    '03 Caterham Zetec track car
    '19 Honda Type R, sold
    '19 Miata Clubsport

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I am curious also - where are you located Djplaster?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    Welcome fellow Zetecer to NE. You have an identical Zetec model with VCT like mine. I believe Cougar was the source for these.

    East or West MA?
    1997 Caterham, BDA
    1991 Miata, supercharged
    2017 VW GTI
    1977 13' Boston Whaler

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I am in Needham which is eastern MA. I did travel to test drive it and found power to be excellent yet very drivable. BTW the car has 6800 miles not 60k. Looking forward to the spring when I can drive it. Glad to Seven owner.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Djplaster View Post
    I am in Needham which is eastern MA. I did travel to test drive it and found power to be excellent yet very drivable. BTW the car has 6800 miles not 60k. Looking forward to the spring when I can drive it. Glad to Seven owner.
    We are 2.5 hours apart.

    With more and more active NE owners and pending pandemic resolution I'd look forward to some kind of meet, cruise or joining others in an bigger event.
    2001 Caterham Superlight R

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •