Thread: Pedal Setup for Heel/Toe

Question Pedal Setup for Heel/Toe

For the track rats on here does anyone have a good pedal setup to make a heel/toe work? I have the throttle pedal with the weird circular disc on the end.
    Thanks!
    Simon

Default Heel/Toe

Probably the easiest solution is to just weld or rivet a arced plate on to the current pedal. If you are good at fabrication, look at re-designing the pedal setup, that would allow you to adjust fore/aft, up/down, pedal angle, and cross car. A heel rest will also help. Last your shoes makes a big difference. I'm big believer of pedal adjustment. All my pedals are adjustable. If you like, I can post a photo of the throttle pedal and heel rest.
    Dave W

The pedals don't work with rolling your foot. The weird plate is for your heel. You press the brake with the ball of your foot and the throttle pedal with your heel.
    1987 Caterham 1700 Supersprint
    2002 Porsche Boxster
    2004 Porsche Boxster S
    1941 Dodge Luxury Liner
    2009 Mercedes CLK 350 Cabriolet
    2017 Chevrolet Volt

Quote Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
    Probably the easiest solution is to just weld or rivet a arced plate on to the current pedal. If you are good at fabrication, look at re-designing the pedal setup, that would allow you to adjust fore/aft, up/down, pedal angle, and cross car. A heel rest will also help. Last your shoes makes a big difference. I'm big believer of pedal adjustment. All my pedals are adjustable. If you like, I can post a photo of the throttle pedal and heel rest.
    Dave W
    Yes please!

Default Heel / Teo

Here some photos of my gas pedal and heel rest. The heel rest is not attached to the floor, but is just wedged into the foot well. I would mock up the heel rest location before fab'ing, because it needs to be located correctly within a 1/2" F/A. The gas pedal has an arched surface with the attaching gusset off centered on the back side, which allows you to flip the pedal to change the cross car location, plus you can use spacer between the pedal arm for added off set. The gusset also has three attaching holes for up/down adjustment. Plus you can pivot the pedal angle. I also have adjustable pedal stops, but they are attached to the frame that sets F/A. The design even has an adjustable cable eye, that allows some lever ratio changes by screw the eye up/down to change the cable travel. The "J" hook on the upper section is for the return spring. Note that my brake pedal is also adjustable, up/down and screws in and out to help position the pedal relative to the gas pedal. Dave W
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Really impressive Dave, thanks for posting that!