Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harness for road and track

Quote Originally Posted by SanderGA View Post
    My car has the set-up you described. I believe the Luke/Caterham four points were added around 2008 and the original owner added the crotch strap later. The crotch strap is clearly newer than the four-point harness. That set does have an expiration date which is around 2012 as I recall. I'm replacing them because I want a set with a current date and the old ones are pretty oily and will deposit oily dirt on anything I'm wearing when I strap in.
    Not sure where you plan to source, but if from Caterham I would suggest you make sure what you get has an FIA label as mine do not.

For the six point straps I've just received, I'm having to source fasteners (bolts and washers/spacers) as what Caterham provided won't work with my chassis. That and the lack of labels will have me looking elsewhere when I replace what I have.
    Greg

I just got a set from Caterham that has FIA tags with 2025 expiration dates and a bag of Caterham Parts in addition to the Schroth parts. Did you got these?

I got these.

Quote Originally Posted by SanderGA View Post
    I just got a set from Caterham that has FIA tags with 2025 expiration dates and a bag of Caterham Parts in addition to the Schroth parts. Did you got these?

I got these.
    Yep, what came with my kit are the Luke version without the Luke/FIA label. The crotch straps I'm adding have the label in the picture on Caterham's parts website, but what I received doesn't (not that it matters since the 4-point lacks the label). Seems the takeaway is to buy the Schroth, not Luke, version if purchasing from Caterham.
    Greg