Hi Folks,

Looking forward to joining the club!

I've been a long fan of Lotus cars (own a 2005 Lotus Elise which i daily drove for 10 years in rainy Seattle all year around) and getting a matching Caterham in my garage will be a dream come true! I'm waiting for a new 620r being assembled in NY and will be shipped to Seattle where i live. I can't wait to see and drive it... hopefully during the 2 months of sun here !

One of the decision points on getting the Caterham was that Beachman Racing is ~5 miles away from my house. I would have really liked to have him build the car, however with some paper work/deals/etc.. it is left in the mercy of a random shop in NY to built it. However, when i do get the car, i'll make sure Beachman takes a pass at it and it passes the quality bar for some weekend fun and eventual some track lap records!

I do plan to daily drive this car and track it as-well. I have never driven a right hand car, with sequential gear box. So for getting used to the re-wiring my brain, i've been practicing with a very realistic motion simulator with sequential shifter for my left hand. If anybody is into sim racing, they have great mods and the identical 620r for Assetta Corsa, and local tracks here in Seattle ! I'll admit, rewiring the brain to shift perfectley and heel'n'toe with left hand is harder to do in anger then i though it would... but i'll get there eventually!

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and that i'm excited and perhaps a bit naive and would love to hear if there are any other 620r folks out there that i can learn some tips and tricks from!

Cheers,
-Cem