Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Caterham SV for sale

Regardless of recent use, if Lotusman1951 is right, and this car is now $25K, it is a steal.
    Kitcat:AKA, Sir Spinsalot
    '97 Caterham Super Sprint, 1700 Crossflow-sold
    '09 Birkin S3, Duratec-sold
    '03 Caterham Zetec track car
    '19 Honda Type R, sold
    '19 Miata Clubsport

Quote Originally Posted by lotusman1951 View Post
    25k now
    Are you referring to your car?

I have received several PMs but I don't think I have been able to reply to them. Please include your email in the PM and I will respond. Thank you.

I think lotusman1951 is either selling his car or undermining the caterham community.

That was an offer, would prefer a car with right side exhaust, but made an offer, sight unseen,
    lotusman1951@gmail.com

We don't have any rules about not making offers in a sales thread, but it might be best to do that via PM. Otherwise these threads might turn into auctions, and although that could prove entertaining, the business part of my brain might be compelled to propose to Mazda we start taking a cut of the sales ala Bring a Trailer

A little more seriously, rule #5 does state "5- For sale section - Let's keep each post about the specific item for sale. If you don't like the price being asked, or see something wrong with the listing, take it to PM." I think publicly offering $9k below the asking price falls into that territory. Now back to the sales thread.

-John
    '95 Westfield SEiW w/2.0L Duratec
    '68 Lotus Elan FHC
    '91 Miata w/Flyin Miata suspension & brakes
    '95 Porsche 993 C2
    '86 Porsche 944 turbo (neglected project car)
    Throttle Steer

So many dreamers in lotusworld-thats the nature of the beast.

So you you want to deal or dream-that is the question.

If its rude -to suggest that a mid life less than edgy racy mobile, might entertain, a new rider in todays economic quagmire. for something less than advertised.
    WELL EXCUSE ME, for making a public offer-its not like anyone needs an impractical silly car for a real reason.

its between me and the owner

I know this Caterham. The gentleman who built the car is a mechanical engineer and an airplane pilot. The SVT engine is a crated motor. It has the unique JPE yellow gauges. I have driven this car many times and it is an extremely well built and maintained. I would not hesitate to have this car in my garage except it already has three Caterham.

Any consideration on listing this on BAT? It seems like the ideal place for our cars recently.

Also any more information on the Zetec (SVT as I see above) and what's done to it?
    2001 Caterham Superlight R

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    Any consideration on listing this on BAT? It seems like the ideal place for our cars recently.

Also any more information on the Zetec (SVT as I see above) and what's done to it?

I will have to defer to the Engine heads on this forum to explain the difference between a normal Zetec and a SVT Zetec, but the SVT in this Caterham is made in Germany and my understanding is that it has a high compression, bigger cams and a different air flow from a conventional Zetec. It is not after market tuned, but produced by the Ford SVT (Special Vehicles Team) in concert with Cosworth. Also, I have been looking thru all the documentation to answer several PMs and I believe it actually as 210 HP. Not 220.

As for BAT I would like to sell to someone involved with the USA7s forum because I think this is the best way to support the Seven community. Without the USA7s forum some of the intangible value surrounding these cars would be lost. Where else can we discuss the differences between a Zetec and a SVT Zetec as it pertains to a Caterham?

Sandfire