Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2005 Caterham SV for sale

Default Zetec, SVT, Duratec Picture

Quote Originally Posted by pksurveyor View Post
    His Zetec, Her SVT, Our Durtec.

Attachment 17306Attachment 17307
    As an SVT owner and fan, the only thing that would improve these pictures would be Texas dropping the front license plate requirement like Ohio just did.....

Great grouping of Cats

Taber
    2007 Caterham 7 SV

Quote Originally Posted by Taber10 View Post
    As an SVT owner and fan, the only thing that would improve these pictures would be Texas dropping the front license plate requirement like Ohio just did.....

Great grouping of Cats

Taber
    Fear Not! I've driven the Birkin for 5 years without a front plate, in Texas. Never been stopped. Drove the Miata 10+ without it, and never got stopped. So, if I got stopped, I figure a $270 fine in 15 years would be fair tax on better looks.

Congratulations.

I have my front plate in the compartment over the tank with a set of tie wraps. If I get stopped I'll say that it just fell off, bracket broke, and tie it to the front grill.
    1987 Caterham 1700 Supersprint
    2002 Porsche Boxster
    2004 Porsche Boxster S
    1941 Dodge Luxury Liner
    2009 Mercedes CLK 350 Cabriolet
    2017 Chevrolet Volt

Quote Originally Posted by panamericano View Post
    Fear Not! I've driven the Birkin for 5 years without a front plate, in Texas. Never been stopped. Drove the Miata 10+ without it, and never got stopped. So, if I got stopped, I figure a $270 fine in 15 years would be fair tax on better looks.
    That's how I feel like in NY. None of my cars have a front plate. Only two tickets in the last 10 years or so. Once in NYC the day I bought the Miata and left it on the side street in Brooklyn to go to Manhattan. Came back to find a ticket.

Other time I wasn't even driving. SO was in the car and got a fix it ticket for the front plate in the Volvo. Unfortunately I couldn't find the front plate until a week after ticket was due...

My 7 at any point in time is guilty of at least 6 equipment violations (no reverse light, no license light, no plate, no inspection, loud muffler, no third brake light, no windshield, no registration mount). If anything it gives the officers easy "true reduction" if they pull me over and want to go nice on me. Even if the officer doesn't want to let you go ticketless, front plate is an easy one they like to give which makes everybody feel better instead of lets say speeding.
    2001 Caterham Superlight R

"My 7 at any point in time is guilty of at least 6 equipment violations (no reverse light, no license light, no plate, no inspection, loud muffler, no third brake light, no windshield, no registration mount)."

Now that sounds like my kind of Seven. The first 2 years I spent hours getting everything electrical to work all at the same time, for our annual state inspection. The last several years I have a guy who looks at nothing, just puts it in the computer. In Texas, the inspection has to be done before you can renew the plate. Next month, we'll see how he reacts to the Brooklands. All I care about in electrics is the horn and brake lights.