Thread: Wanted - 3 rail "Bullet 2000E" shift lever assembly

Default Wanted - 3 rail "Bullet 2000E" shift lever assembly

Needs some help obtaining an old 3 rail "Bullet 2000E" shift lever assembly for a Mallock. Same as the original Elan trannys Actual lever shape not important. Any laying around out there? Thanks Chris D Name:  3 rail Ford Shifter.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  21.6 KB

Are you going to use this with the 3 bolt adapter at the end of the tailhousing (Integral Remote) or the 4 bolt adapter near the front of the tailhousing?
    My experience is that this one will only work with the 4 bolt adapter setup.

Ray at rdent.com in the US and Steve at sjsportscars in the UK had them, at last check. Not cheap, though.
    Henry
    1965 Seven S2
    1969 Elan S4

Here's a long shot that might be worth a try. There's a gentleman near me that has a bunch of Cortina parts. He pretty much runs adverts continuously on the local craigslist:
    https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...097798961.html

I've purchased a number of items from him over the years for my various Cortina, Lotus and Seven projects. The last item I bought from him was a transmission main case a while back.

His name is Phil.
    Ron

'14 Evora IPS
    '84 Turbo Esprit
    '77 S1 (deceased)
    '62 Lotus Seven S2 109E Cosworth

Default Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Petty View Post
    Are you going to use this with the 3 bolt adapter at the end of the tailhousing (Integral Remote) or the 4 bolt adapter near the front of the tailhousing?
    My experience is that this one will only work with the 4 bolt adapter setup.

Correct. The 1/2 ball mounts directly to the top of the box cover with a round circular cone - not shown - but I need that too. The cone that supports the lever in place threads in the the ~ 4" x6" - 4 bolt, top cover.

thnaks, Cd