Thread: Roll bars

Default Roll bars

It always seems funny to see so many Sevens with low roll bars. Maybe it should be higher than one's head. Anyway, This photo of an early one came up. Certainly over the driver's head.

"Over at My Hemmings, claton7 posted these photos his brother-in-law took of a hillclimb at Hershey in the early 1960s. He didnít know much more about the photos, though, so all you vintage racing Sherlocks out there, get to work!"

Looks like several Vettes turned out for the hill climb.
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

Stalker Chassis #85 Build Gallery
    Stalker Chassis #85 Owner Thread

Get up in the morning and give the day your very best. You donít get it back.

Not just higher than the head, also high enough that a line from bar to the dash or other supportive member is higher than your head. (aka where the ground will be if you're upside down)

They should also be full aligned with the frame and not hanging half way off.

Who needs a broom stick? This is the kind of thing that is all too common on Sevens. Picture is not of a guilty Seven owner.

back in the 50s USAC did not allow exposed roll over protection, just what was under the head rest. My first drag car was a flat head ford frame with just a wheel and a bar stool wired to it, no radiator (hoses out of the to to the bottom. times have changed.

USAC...now there's one we haven't heard in a while. Thanks for the info.

I really like the uniform bends! Giggle!!!!!
    Joel Hoffman