Thread: Nothing is ever simple

Threaded View

Default Nothing is ever simple

Well, last October i noticed a slight sound that went away when i lightly put my foot on the clutch. I assumed the throwout bearing as on its way out. I loaded up the car into the trailer and took it right to the shop. It sat there since then awaiting some attention. After several recent visits to kick a little ass, I went over yesterday and was pleased to see my car up in the air and sans engine and gearbox.

I had left a box of parts to complete the job and thought it would be done this week. Then I saw this not so funny look on my mechanic's face. UH OH!!!

it seems that the throwout bearing had seized and toasted not only the clutch, which I expected, but also affected the flywheel and input shaft seal on the gearbox.
    UH OH$$$$

After a few calls and emails I finally heard back from SBD in the UK and Sadev in NC today and a new flywheel and ARP bolts are on there way. And I decided to send the gearbox down to Sadev in North Carolina for a refresh since it was already out.

So i feel a little better today that i will get my car back on track in time for the start of the trackday season, albeit with a much lighter wallet.
    Last edited by yellowss7; 02-12-2020 at 08:27 PM.
    Mangia bene, Ridi spesso, Ama molto, Guidare veloce

2000 Caterham Superlight #123
    1.8L VHPD Rover K Series
    2009 Caterham SV
    2.3L Cosworth Duratec