Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: New Build

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCh View Post
    It should be easier to get the waiver these days. Back in 2008, the state didn't like cars running around without a front plate and spent quite a bit of time looking for reasons to deny a request. Since then, they've added a Collector plate option for cars 30+ years old, and don't even issue a front plate for those registrations.

-John
    Washington has had the Collector designation around for many decades, not recent at all. Based on the rules, WSP doesn't have to look very hard to deny waivers since almost all cars leave the factory with a front mount available from the manufacturer. Unfortunately, aesthetics is not considered a valid reason for a waiver.
    2012 CSR 260, registered as a 1966 Super 7

Still in the massive grin stage. Damn bugs!

I could have sworn the made changes to the collector plate around 10 years ago making it far more widely available. Thanks for the correction.

-John
    '95 Westfield SEiW w/2.0L Duratec
    '68 Lotus Elan FHC
    '91 Miata w/Flyin Miata suspension & brakes
    '95 Porsche 993 C2
    '86 Porsche 944 turbo (neglected project car)
    Throttle Steer

Now find a track and see what all that hard work can do (-;
    Life Can Be Cruel

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCh View Post
    I could have sworn the made changes to the collector plate around 10 years ago making it far more widely available. Thanks for the correction.

-John
    When I had a '68 Dodge, I became too familiar with the rules while waiting for 1998 to arrive.

As mentioned, I reached out to the Washington State Patrol about a front plate exemption, sending an email with the details and a picture of the front where the plate would, in theory, mount. They responded that because no Caterham had yet received a waiver they would contact the manufacturer. Caterham confirmed that they didn't have a mounting bracket and that there wasn't a way to mount the plate otherwise (I now forgive Caterham for the missing bits in my kit) so I've received the waiver. Like John it came in letter form that needs to be kept with the car.
    Greg

Greg - Congratulations. Now bundle up and get on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky dawg View Post
    Greg - Congratulations. Now bundle up and get on the road.
    Weather has not been great for driving, but I did get out for a bit yesterday for a good coating of wet pine needles and leaves.

The (lack of) plate was an inconvenience but I still managed 500 miles on just trip permits.
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Pokey View Post
    As mentioned, I reached out to the Washington State Patrol about a front plate exemption, sending an email with the details and a picture of the front where the plate would, in theory, mount. They responded that because no Caterham had yet received a waiver they would contact the manufacturer. Caterham confirmed that they didn't have a mounting bracket and that there wasn't a way to mount the plate otherwise (I now forgive Caterham for the missing bits in my kit) so I've received the waiver. Like John it came in letter form that needs to be kept with the car.
    You're welcome :-)

Cheers,
    -Bruce
    Beachman Racing
    Authorized Caterham Cars dealer

Haha love it

Quote Originally Posted by BruceBe View Post
    You're welcome :-)

Cheers,
    -Bruce
    Thanks Bruce, that would explain it
    Greg