Thread: Looking for 7 drivers in Western NC

Default Looking for 7 drivers in Western NC

Finally my car is ready to go.

But it's winter. Planning time.

I'm very near the Blue Ridge Parkway near Asheville. The Parkway is closed now but will reopen once the ice in the tunnels melts. Would anyone like to join me?

Now that the weather is perfect in WNC, the Blue Ridge Parkway is shut down but for short sections. The oak leaves are as big as squirrel ears but there's COVID-19 about.

The BRP is not a challenging road by far but it would be difficult to find a more beautiful run this time of year.

A few years ago, I drove the BRP from Asheville to Boone at night. I remember that night drive being a bit interesting.
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

Stalker Chassis #85 Build Gallery
    Stalker Chassis #85 Owner Thread

Get up in the morning and give the day your very best. You donít get it back.

I am in East Tennessee and my car is close to being road legal

Having a car that's road-legal and having it legalized are two different things.

When we were working to get my car titled for the first time it had to be inspected, at our place. We worked carefully to be sure that all the lights and horn were working properly. Then the inspector arrived. We noticed that he was wearing a side-arm. It turned out to be a rather different kind of inspection than we were anticipating.

An engine block serial number being impossible to see orsee using a mirror or even obtain a clay imprint, we ended up having to post a substantial indemnity bond as one of the hoops we had to leap through. Now were titled as a 1957 Lotus Seven Replica. It works fine for me!

This thread needs pictures!
    Henry
    1965 Seven S2
    1969 Elan S4