Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brook lands screen stanchion

Default Brook lands screen stanchion

I recently received a new stanchion and Brooklands screens from Demon Tweeks. As it turns out, the stanchionís base on each side is angled incorrectly, i.e. it does not conform to the scuttle. The rear mounting hole location is considerably narrower than the front mounting hole, contrary to the form of the scuttle. Has anyone else had this experience and should I attempt to bend the stanchion to conform to the scuttle. Iím reluctant to try to reshape the stanchion as it may distort its overall shape. Iíve tried to contact Demon Tweeks for some guidance, but iíve not received a helpful response as yet. Any thoughts?

Photos, please.
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

Stalker Chassis #85 Build Gallery
    Stalker Chassis #85 Owner Thread

Get up in the morning and give the day your very best. You donít get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by xcarguy View Post
    Photos, please.
    I do not have photos, but I will try to determine how to post some. However, the explanation should be clear. The situation is that, in the new stanchion, the width of the section with the rear holes is too narrow for the scuttle and the front hole width is too wideójust the opposite of what it should be. By width, I am referring to side-to-side, left to right. It may be able to be re-bent, but it would seem to take considerable effort and Iím reluctant to try anything that may ruin the stanchion.

Picture is worth a thousand words. Photos will help with ideas. My Brooklands build file...may spark an idea or two:

http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gall...2_itemId=21338
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

Stalker Chassis #85 Build Gallery
    Stalker Chassis #85 Owner Thread

Get up in the morning and give the day your very best. You donít get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by xcarguy View Post
    Picture is worth a thousand words. Photos will help with ideas. My Brooklands build file...may spark an idea or two:

http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gall...2_itemId=21338
    Very nice workmanship on your project, but it really has no relevance to my application. The intent with my car is not to have any fasteners through the scuttle and to be able to swap back and forth the ďstockĒ windscreen with the Brooklands screens using just the four (two on each side) stock mountings.
    Thanks anyway.

Name:  IMG_1310.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  52.7 KB
    Is this what you're talking about?
    Birkin S3, Dunnell Zetec Powered
    Toyota Celica GT-S, Toyota MR2 Turbo GT-S, Lotus Elise (RIP)
    Yamaha Bolt C-Spec, KTM 625 SMC, Yamaha TW200 scrambler, Yamaha SR250 tracker, Honda CB360 bobber

Is it possible you're installing it backwards? Pictures would help. I purchased the exact set up from DT last year and installed, I'm familiar with the kit. It was a little fiddly. Perhaps it's defective?
    Last edited by JVL; 01-10-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JVL View Post
    Is it possible you're installing it backwards? Pictures would help. I purchased the exact set up from DT last year and installed, I'm familiar with the kit. It was a little fiddly. Perhaps it's defective?
    Thanks for your response. Itís very helpful to interact with someone with the same item. I considered the ďbackwardsĒ option and it would seem to fit in that configuration but the windshield wiper posts would have to be removed and I do not want to do that. Does yours allow you to keep the posts? My intention as previously noted is to be able to switch from the stanchion with the Brooklands screens to the stock windscreen.

You're welcome. Yes, I was able to keep the wiper posts on my install, but it is very close. I too wanted to be able to leave them in place in case I wanted to switch back to the full screen/top combo. I cap them with a pair of rubber caps I found in the garage that fit snugly, that way I can lean the passenger aero screen down on them without worrying about breaking the glass.

I wish I had a picture up close, all I have are glamour shots of the car far away. But I can certainly take a picture or measurement if it will help. Car is currently hiding in the garage.

I'm wondering if your stanchion ends up contacting the wiper studs, if it would be possible to slacken whatever fastens the wiper transmission and rotate/lean the studs forward a bit to clear. It would depend on how close, of course. And I feel like every one of these cars is put together differently, I'm wondering if I just got lucky mine fit without major issue other than needing to slightly enlarge the four bolt holes in the side skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
    Thanks for your response. It’s very helpful to interact with someone with the same item. I considered the “backwards” option and it would seem to fit in that configuration but the windshield wiper posts would have to be removed and I do not want to do that. Does yours allow you to keep the posts? My intention as previously noted is to be able to switch from the stanchion with the Brooklands screens to the stock windscreen.

Not sure if these are the style you purchased but here is my instillation
    The last image in the quick(ish) mounting plate for when I track the car and need the Aero screen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stanction 1.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	16398Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stanction 3.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	16400Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stanction 2.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	16399Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mounting Plate.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	16401
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Life Can Be Cruel