Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: New 2019 Caterham 310 S kit, SV, Ballistic Orange

Default FS: New 2019 Caterham 310 S kit, SV, Ballistic Orange

We have a new 2019 Caterham 310S SV roller (complete car without powertrain installed), in Ballistic Orange on the way. It is available, and should be arriving to our facility in the next 30-45 days. Alternatively, we can have the kit shipped directly to the new owner rather than us, potentially saving on shipping time/cost. The latter option is time-sensitive, as we have been informed that the kit is ready for pickup at the factory. Nominally, the 310 is about 155HP - building upon the 280 1.6L Sigma platform with a more aggressive cam profile for better dynamic performance at higher RPM.

Here are the particulars:
    • 310 S package (full weather equipment, road suspension, polished exhaust, carpeted interior, heater, etc)
    • SV Chassis
    • 15" Orcus Silver wheels w/Avon ZZS
    • Momo QR wheel
    • Aero fuel filler - black
    • Spare wheel tire/carrier
    • Ballistic Orange
    • Painted "7" grill in Ballistic Orange
    • Triple black stripe and lettering
    • 1.6L engine w/5sp gearbox

Please PM if interested - the jungle drums are beating about a Brexit deal, and it's already had a slightly unfavorable impact on the GBP/USD exchange rate.

Vroom, vroom
    -Bruce
    Last edited by BruceBe; 11-21-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    Beachman Racing
    Authorized Caterham Cars dealer

This kit is now about a week away from being shipped to our facility. If anyone is interested, and would like this kit diverted to their door, now is the time...
    Beachman Racing

This Ballistic Orange 310S is now headed to our facility. It should be on the ground and available right around the New Year. 'Tis the Season!
    Beachman Racing

Also - we erroneously described this 310 as a "kit". It is actually a "roller", which means the car is complete, with the exception of the powertrain install and associated ancillaries. The original description has been edited as well.
    Beachman Racing

Can I buy the roller without the engine and gearbox?

Skip - unfortunately not. The days of the "Caterham Classic", which is simply a skinned chassis and running gear without any engine/gearbox provisions (electrical wiring; ancillaries) has been over for a while. I would normally recommend that you simply sell the engine/gearbox components, if you really wanted to go for it. However, that Caterham/Mazda 5-speed is setup to mount into a newer chassis, as the gearbox mount design has changed.

Cheers,
    -Bruce
    Beachman Racing

Caterham is using Mazda transmissions? From which Mazda car and year?

Skip: Caterham, Morgan, Ginetta, etc., have been using the MX-5 gearbox for a few years. Apparently it was a combination of the T9 becoming scarce and the MX5 being both available and more reliable than either the T9 or the Caterham 6 sp,which I think is no longer available. I wonder who it was that first thought of using a MX-5 gearbox in a Caterham?
    Kitcat:AKA, Sir Spinsalot
    '97 Caterham Super Sprint, 1700 Crossflow-sold
    '09 Birkin S3, Duratec-sold
    '03 Caterham Zetec track car
    '19 Honda Civic, Type-R

Quote Originally Posted by Kitcat View Post
    Skip: Caterham, Morgan, Ginetta, etc., have been using the MX-5 gearbox for a few years. Apparently it was a combination of the T9 becoming scarce and the MX5 being both available and more reliable than either the T9 or the Caterham 6 sp,which I think is no longer available. I wonder who it was that first thought of using a MX-5 gearbox in a Caterham?
    The 2nd gen 5 speed Miata transmission in my Caterham easily handled the 301 RWHP the engine produced, however 300 HP is about the limit for the 1st and 2nd gen transmissions. The 3rd gen transmission is being used in the Morgan 3 wheeler. IDK what the limit is for that transmission.

The 1st and 2nd gen 5 speed transmissions are some the best shifting transmissions you will ever drive. The 6 speed versions not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by scannon View Post
    Caterham is using Mazda transmissions? From which Mazda car and year?
    Skip - From a copy of a magazine article, it's the Mazda M15M-D from the 2nd and 3rd generation Miata. Unfortunately I can't determine what magazine/issue, but it was based on an interview with Caterham's Simon Lambert.
    Bruce