Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Birkin S3 For Sale

Default 2004 Birkin S3 For Sale - UPDATE

Dunnell tuned 175bhp fuel injected Zetec
    33,600 miles
    California emissions approval
    This car needs a home with someone who has time to enjoy it!
    Located in SE Michigan

8-9-19: Last week I was rudely reminded of how modern gasoline and 15 year old braided stainless fuel lines donít play well together. I was exercising the Birkin when I noticed a strong odor of gasoline, concurrent with a stream of fuel spurting from a pinhole in the injector feed hose. Fortunately I was able to switch off before anything worse happened. Was I ever glad Iíd decided to leave the bonnet off for this short run!

I was lucky this time but itís apparent that the car needs all the fuel hoses replaced. I simply donít have the time and I really need to open up some space in the shop. To that end, Iím reducing the price to $22,900 OBO. This represents a great opportunity for someone whoís willing to invest some sweat equity to have a super clean car. Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by srf86; 08-09-2019 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Update

I'm interested...may I have your number so we can chat offline?

Thanks,

Paul
    925-989-9547

Hello,

Is your car still available? I'm in the market for a Birkin.

Fred

Hi Fred - yes, the car is still available. Thanks for your interest!

Gordon

Gordon,

If it's available, then my bank account is at serious risk She's a beauty.

Do you have any shots of the engine bay or underbody?

I'm impressed with the Dunnell motor, should be a well built, reliable powerplant.

Would it be reasonable to expect it to make the drive to Reno, NV?

Thanks,
    Fred

Gordon,

Please call or email me when you have a moment. I am really interested.

775-342-7992
    fburtt@gmail.com

8-9-19: Last week I was rudely reminded of how modern gasoline and 15 year old braided stainless fuel lines don’t play well together. I was exercising the Birkin when I noticed a strong odor of gasoline, concurrent with a stream of fuel spurting from a pinhole in the injector feed hose. Fortunately I was able to switch off before anything worse happened. Was I ever glad I’d decided to leave the bonnet off for this short run!

I was lucky this time but it’s apparent that the car needs all the fuel hoses replaced. I simply don’t have the time and I really need to open up some space in the shop. To that end, I’m reducing the price to $22,900 OBO. This represents a great opportunity for someone who’s willing to invest some sweat equity to have a super clean car. Thanks for looking!

Ahh, the joys of se7en ownership! Reminds me of my first track day in '07 in my X-flow Cat. A coolant line sprang a leak and shot a steady stream of liquid perfectly aimed at my distributor cap, with the resulting, miss, lack of power, etc. Easily remedied, as yours will be.

I have to give srf86 a shout-out for the 33K miles on this se7en. We see so many with 700 miles, 1100 miles etc., after 5-10 years of ownership. Nice to see this was used and enjoyed. And as anyone who follows my occasional posts knows, I love se7ens with mileage:it's empirical evidence that they are fully sorted. No small thing!

Also, the lawyer in me has to say, the "or best offer" approach is a bit risky. What if it's $1.00? Maybe say "OBO over $20K", or some other reasonable reserve etc? Or list it on BAT where it will bring $29K!
    Last edited by Kitcat; 08-15-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    Kitcat:AKA, Sir Spinsalot
    '97 Caterham Super Sprint, 1700 Crossflow-sold
    '09 Birkin S3, Duratec-sold
    '03 Caterham Zetec track car
    '19 Honda Civic, Type-R

Quote Originally Posted by Kitcat View Post
    Ahh, the joys of se7en ownership! Reminds me of my first track day in '07 in my X-flow Cat. A coolant line sprang a leak and shot a steady stream of liquid perfectly aimed at my distributor cap, with the resulting, miss, lack of power, etc. Easily remedied, as yours will be.

I have to give srf86 a shout-out for the 33K miles on this se7en. We see so many with 700 miles, 1100 miles etc., after 5-10 years of ownership. Nice to see this was used and enjoyed. And as anyone who follows my occasional posts knows, I love se7ens with mileage:it's empirical evidence that they are fully sorted. No small thing!

Also, the lawyer in me has to say, the "or best offer" approach is a bit risky. What if it's $1.00? Maybe say "OBO over $20K", or some other reasonable reserve etc? Or list it on BAT where it will bring $29K!
    Oh, FFS. Seriously? This is not eBay or a contracted auto auction like Barrett-Jackson. How many "OBO" advertisements do you think have been placed every day of every week since the dawn of used vehicle advertisements? How many have gone to court because of the scenario you are describing?

To the lawyer in you: In this context, define what "or best offer" means.

AP

Lawyers are paid worriers. So we try to anticipate what might go wrong, not just what is most likely to go wrong. So I might substitute: "all reasonable offers will be considered." Or some such, to show that the seller retains discretion to decline low-ball offers.
    Kitcat:AKA, Sir Spinsalot
    '97 Caterham Super Sprint, 1700 Crossflow-sold
    '09 Birkin S3, Duratec-sold
    '03 Caterham Zetec track car
    '19 Honda Civic, Type-R