Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Getting atrocious mileage?

I wonder about the coolant temp sensor being bad and causing it to run in warm-up mode all the time.

dave

4 wire means stock O2 as you said , you need to log the STFT1 = Short Turm Fuel Trim bank 1 and see what its doing , If its a old o2 I would change it and log it

Tom

Still looking into things but a small update

Decided to double check my injectors to eliminate that as a variable. I knew they got swapped to high impedance (I checked that long ago) but was time to make sure they were correct overall.

They check out. (I believe)

Denso 968F-AC
    https://www.injectorplanet.com/products/denso-2881
    14.3 Ohm resistance
    21.1 lb per hour
    Flow rates @ 43.5 psi / 3 bar
    2001 Caterham Superlight R

Yes 10-14 Ohm would be High Impedance Injector

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
    Yes 10-14 Ohm would be High Impedance Injector

Tom
    I thought impedance was spot on but couldn't be sure of the other values were proper, (LB/PSI). Thanks for confirming.

Before I keep troubleshooting through the weekend and next weeks can anybody (Tom?) tell me if my lower temp thermostat could be a factor?

As of right now here is whats pending.

• Getting my communication cable today to communicate with Pectel T2 ECU > get software to work with windows, get a profile on there through the weekend. (There are two, data logging and actual changing variables it seems) DescPro + PiToolbox + Offload tool
    • Find my Wideband and find a spot to drill/plug another hole to monitor AFR
    • Compression test the motor
    • Drive a certain distance off the highway at lower RPMs and remeasure the MPG (6spd is at 4k+ at highway, possibly something high RPM Map related)

Edit: Also adding changing fuel filter to the mix... because why not?
    Last edited by Vovchandr; 05-15-2019 at 01:24 PM.

In addition to what has been mentioned above, I'd confirm that the fuel pressure regulator is doing it's job. If current fuel pressure is much higher than what what was used to create the map, your mpg (and power) will drop.

-John
    Westfield SEiW
    2.0L Duratec
    Throttle Steer

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCh View Post
    In addition to what has been mentioned above, I'd confirm that the fuel pressure regulator is doing it's job. If current fuel pressure is much higher than what what was used to create the map, your mpg (and power) will drop.

-John
    Good idea, I'll do that too.

Quick question but relevant, the car seems a little hard to start but I always wrote it off as a nature of the beast.

I'll take a video but should the car fire right up like a normal car or is it normal for it to struggle a bit with things like Jenveys? Take what seems like at least a few rotations to get going.

If unusual it could be another symptom of whatever fuel issue.

I have a 2.0L Duratec with Kent DTEC10 cams, some head work, and Jenveys. It's mapped correctly and fires up just like my real cars.

-John
    Westfield SEiW
    2.0L Duratec
    Throttle Steer

Just for reference, I had a 2.0 Zetec in my Birkin with Jenvey ITB's, Emerald ECU, and stock cams and my MPG was between 21-22 and 28-29 depending on conditions and how enthusiastic I was. Your MPG is really low and I agree with what's been said before. I'm interested to see what you find.
    Bruce

What I would do first it get the datalogging working and check the STFT1 , This will tell you what the main sensor is doing that control's your idle and part throttle fueling , then install the wideband air fuel gauge , that way if the front o2 isnt responding we can get an idea of your A/F and where to go next

When you get it logging I will be glad to remote into your laptop with teamviewer and take a look at things with you and try to help

Tom