Thread: Half hoods

Default Half hoods

Sorry in advance for asking a question undoubtedly asked before. I just got my car a couple of weeks ago, a 360R.
    Is there a best choice for a half hood? I see two kinds; one has a zipper, one does not.

The upholsterer who made my half-hood flatly refused to put in zippers. He felt the stresses in the installed hood would destroy the zippers fairly quickly. Instead, I installed nylon buckles in the rear mounting straps. for ingress/egress, I un-clip the buckle (and sometimes one or two snaps on the windshield) climb in, then reach around behind me and re-clip the buckles and any snaps. Easy enough. I can do the same for a passenger, too.

Randall

I have zippers. They work fine and make entry and egress much easier.
    2003 Birkin

I should have added, I've never heard of anyone having problems with zippers and sometimes wish I had them. But it's not a big deal without...it just takes a couple seconds longer.

Randall

The zipper put in by Soft Bits are pretty burly. No issues at all. I don't usually utilize them, unless the half doors are fitted. My car is an SV and I'm 6'1" but thin and pretty limber.