Thread: Need to source WCM Ultralite S2K front lower A arm

Default Need to source WCM Ultralite S2K front lower A arm

Hello, I'm new to here.

I have 2006 WCM ultralite S2K since 2007 and today I got front right lower A-arm ripped.
    Since WCM is no longer in business, I'm not sure where I can source this (and other parts in the future).
    Any information would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Bob Saito

Welcome Bob,

I'm not sure where you can get replacement parts for an Ultralite, but do you have a photo of the control arm? It might be something that could be easy to repair or fabricate.
    Bruce

A forum member is now the owner of World Class Motorsports, the Ultralite company, His forum name is WestTexasS2K .
    He may be able to supply you with the A arm. In 2006 it is likely that you have the Fiero spindles, later ones have Mustang spindles.

There is a manual on the car, assembled by the members here, if you PM me with your email address I will send you a copy.
    Jerry

WCM Ultralite S2K (Sold 8/17)

Bob,

Welcome aboard. The S2K group here will have you back on the road in no time.
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

Stalker Chassis #85 Build Gallery
    Stalker Chassis #85 Owner Thread

Get up in the morning and give the day your very best. You donít get it back.

Here’s a picture of ripped rod. I managed driving 12 miles with this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52A4B3E6-9114-41D6-A0E3-53EDD68CE906.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	14990  

Bob, when I switched my WCM S2K to wide, sticky slicks for autocross, I stopped hard at the finish and broke one, bent the other. I had a race shop in town make me much stronger ones with larger diameter tubing, and they have worked wonderfully. That particular shop has closed so I can't give you a direct referral. Don't know where you live, the outstanding parts shop on Indy's Gasoline Alley (Earl's Indy) knows all the race shops and can give you a referral. There are many near the Indy 500 track. www.earlsindy.com is their url. You could then mail your 2 wishbones to that shop. Hope this works!
    Paul

Here is a photo of the original tubes and the wonderful replacements. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WCM front upgrade.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	15033
    WCM S2K front suspension upgrade
    Paul Snyder
    Paul

Contact Jack at Kinetic, a great guy and does a very nice adjustable front control arm kit. I am not sure what spindles you use but I think Jack has some options.

http://www.kineticvehicles.com/ControlArms.html

Graham