Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caterham Coolant Hose ID and P/N

You might want to get in touch with Redline Components in the UK. They don’t have much of a web presence but they are very responsive to emails or phone calls.
    '87 Caterham Cosworth BDR 1700 "HPC Spec"

Quote Originally Posted by Brightonuk View Post
    Yep I was looking to use those pretty blue silicon ones in my Zetec 2.0
    These guys seem to have very competitive prices but I never got around to measuring bends, kinks etc so any help?
    https://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/coolant-hoses-2

I also have the small bend somewhere that I had to cut but that should be an easy match.

I think these might be the pictures that match by googling them online

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181204_064600_01.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	14832  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shopping.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	14833  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    2001 Caterham Superlight R

I needed to replace a hose on my BB512 this summer that was difficult to source. I ended up going to my local Advance Auto Parts store where they allowed me to go in back and search through their inventory of radiator hoses until I found one with a section matching what I needed. After a few quick cuts, it fit perfectly. They had hundreds of different hoses in all shapes and sizes hanging by wire hooks off a rack so it was easy to find one with the section I needed. Your application looks very straightforward with two opposing 90-degree bends. Give it a shot, I'm sure you'll find something that works.

Best guess for this image: body jewelry LOL

Spent some quality time at the parts store and found some hoses that will work, but I've decided to use aluminum tube for some of the longer straight sections.

papak, what kind of beading tool did you purchase? I'm considering the Earl's one for 1.25" tube:

https://www.jegs.com/p/Earls/Earls-E...40092/10002/-1

I'm curious to know what you chose. Some of the small beading machines look good in the photos, but I'm not sure of their quality when in use. If they are decent quality they may be worth the $ in the long run as I can use them to bead tube on other projects.

Andy

Where are you sourcing your aluminum tube? i have two in my system but have never been fully satisfied with them

I used HPS:

https://www.hps-siliconehoses.com/hp...g-pipe-t6.html

I purchased a few couplers to see what I thought of them. They are good quality and shipped quickly. I have a 3' and 2' section on the way now that I'm going to cut to size and bead.

I've managed to remove about 6' (!) of 5/8" hose from the car and simplify the system considerably.