Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motogadget M-Unit Blue

Quote Originally Posted by JeffersonRaley View Post
    The M-Unit is working great. I have not needed to use a relay to power the fan because my fan is well within the specs for the M-Unit. I was a little worried that the circuit would trip from the power surge when fan starts, but no issues so far.
    Thanks

Same with the starter solenoid?

Honestly the thing I donít like is the wiring connector. Feels like it could be a problem if someone pulled a wire etc

Basic Specs
    The V.2, Blue, and Basic outputs have the same *maximum current (10A) and*minimum wire cross-sections (1.5mm≤).
    Start outputs for the V.2, Blue, and Basic are 30A and 2.5mm≤.
    AUX outputs 20A
    Starter relay for solenoid switch up to 30A switching capacity
    Low and high beam control (up to 200W switching power) using just onepush button

Jefferson can you upload another image of your wiring but in a larger file?

This may be a new project any tips on things to watch out for?
    Last edited by Brightonuk; 10-18-2019 at 08:54 AM.
    Life Can Be Cruel

Did you end up installing the MXS Strada? Considering one and intrigued how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightonuk View Post
    Basic Specs
    The V.2, Blue, and Basic outputs have the same *maximum current (10A) and*minimum wire cross-sections (1.5mm≤).
    Start outputs for the V.2, Blue, and Basic are 30A and 2.5mm≤.
    AUX outputs 20A
    Starter relay for solenoid switch up to 30A switching capacity
    Low and high beam control (up to 200W switching power) using just onepush button

Jefferson can you upload another image of your wiring but in a larger file?

This may be a new project any tips on things to watch out for?
    I'm going to try running the starter straight off the M Unit. I have a small/light starter, and the M Unit is designed to run a motorcycle starter directly. If it doesn't work the M Unit circuit breaker should protect everything.

I attached a PDF that should give you better resolution. I've also updated it with new plans to improve the steering wheel controls. I couldn't get a wired solution to move smoothly and still have a removable wheel.

Unfortunately I've been waiting on my engine builder for over 18 months (and am now taking them to court), so I haven't really tested beyond what I can do without the car running. Everything works, but I don't know if it'll get temperamental when all of the circuits are hot and under load.
    Wiring Diagram M-Unit.pdf

Yep, the MXS Strada is in. Unfortunately I'm still waiting on my engine (see post above) and so I haven't been able to test the integration between ECU and MXS. It looks really pretty when I power it up to the boot screen though.