Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking at a WCM Ultralite

I was reluctant to state a price, because I did not want to interfere with another owner's sale, but the for sale ad which I had placed was public knowledge. These price issues are better served by a PM.
    Jerry

WCM Ultralite S2K (Sold 8/17)

Jerry if it makes you feel any better your sale was just one of several data points. There have been at least 3 sales that I found within the last 3 or so years and they all sold within 1K of each other. All listed on publically acessible sites like bringatrailer.com

Like Jerry said, WestTexas can help with custom parts.... most everything but frame and hood can be sourced (wilwood brakes, Summit, Speedway etc..). If you every get one, come back and we'll send you the maintenance/repair manual Bruce put together from all our experiences. Has lots of part numbers and suggested improvements etc..
    Last edited by Mondo; 09-07-2018 at 11:55 PM.

"HECK IS WHERE PEOPLE GO WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN GOSH"

2008 Ultralite S2K
    2016 Mazda CX-5
    2008 Volvo C30
    2005 Mini Cooper
    1999 Miata
    1967 Chevy C10

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Like Jerry said, WestTexas can help with custom parts.... most everything but frame and hood can be sourced (wilwood brakes, Summit, Speedway etc..). If you every get one, come back and we'll send you the maintenance/repair manual Bruce put together from all our experiences. Has lots of part numbers and suggested improvements etc..

Thanks so much mondo, the car does intrigue me now a bit.
    I reached out to WestTexas upon all of the advice I've gotten and it looks like it's been a while since they've been active on the board so haven't heard anything back. I also repaired the fiberglass on both clams of the elise and had to rebuild both the mirror mount and some edges.
    If I damaged the fiberglass hood I could likely fix it too. Just one of the small repairs I highlighted on my Elise build. This one seemed simple but actually took like 4-5 hours:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEbUBEjBT74&t=

hello sciff5. i too have an WCM s2k. Loren WestTexas is usually very active. i know he has fenders, hoods and lots of other parts available. personally i will be making a few sets of fender brackets and upgraded chromoly lower control arms. Goldie (the poster child WCM s2k) is also owned by a friend of mine and he loves it. the cars are SUPER SUPER easy to work on and you really dont need manufacturer support except for some hoods and fenders.

Roman

WCM S2k Ultralite , formerly miatalite.

That looks really sharp Roman !
    Do you have more pics? Did you use bedliner on the rear fenders or something else? How do you find it holding up: my aluminum shields are well sand-blasted with the underlying clearbra in great shape.

Cheers
    p.

actually in the process of reskinning the car as we speak. i wanted to get rid of bunch of dings, nicks, and other mishaps as well as upgrade the roll bar. regarding the rear fenders, i used linex bedliner and it held up perfect. looks like new after many years.
    Roman

WCM S2k Ultralite , formerly miatalite.

Quote Originally Posted by RGTorque View Post
    hello sciff5. i too have an WCM s2k. Loren WestTexas is usually very active. i know he has fenders, hoods and lots of other parts available. personally i will be making a few sets of fender brackets and upgraded chromoly lower control arms. Goldie (the poster child WCM s2k) is also owned by a friend of mine and he loves it. the cars are SUPER SUPER easy to work on and you really dont need manufacturer support except for some hoods and fenders.

Beautiful car
    Now I'm watching videos on caterhams and how usable they actually are, and getting bad ideas of selling the Elise and just getting a caterham. I think the full windscreen and doors/bikini top make these cars just a lot more usable in a place like New England where the weather can be hit or miss

Some come with tops. I have a top but never put it on... too hot here. Looking to make a half hood just for shade. Pics are not my car. No matter what 7 your looking at, you'll need to be a contortionist to get in/out of one with a top on. You need to see how small these cars are (even though the S2K is one of the larger ones).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soft top purple S2K.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	14555Name:  soft top3.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  40.6 KB

My babies
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ball joint 001.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	14557  

Last edited by Mondo; 09-10-2018 at 11:49 PM.

"HECK IS WHERE PEOPLE GO WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN GOSH"

2008 Ultralite S2K
    2016 Mazda CX-5
    2008 Volvo C30
    2005 Mini Cooper
    1999 Miata
    1967 Chevy C10

I put a zipper in, on both sides, to make getting in with the half hood pretty easy. It is something like this photo from softbits for sevens that shows it on one side:

http://www.softbitsforsevens.co.uk/CIMG1239.JPG
    2003 Birkin