Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New guy. Here is my Cat

Default New guy. Here is my Cat

Time has come to go through proper introduction channels

Name is Vlad and I brought this thing from California a few months ago and finally got it on the road with NYS DMV. Luckily for me the listing was vague and Croc missed it. I've been building a Locost for the last ~8 years and couldn't wait anymore once the right deal popped up. Been looking at these things for over a decade now. My collection of pictures on hard drives of Cats must be in the thousands by now.

It's a 2001 Superlight R S3.

Its got a pretty rare red interior with what looks like painted/vinyled red Tilletts.
    Zetec 2.0
    6spd Quaife sequential gear box is the fun part.

Been going through and sorting out all the issues that come with it sitting for most of its 17 years.
    Accusump rebuild, coolant system/hoses refresher, changing oil/filter, changing tires/belt, electrical issues etc.

Top of the list of parts to get ASAP is SBFS half hood, rain cover and a tunnel storage bag.

Looking forward to NJ next year.

Couldn't be happier with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catCapture.jpg 
Views:	801 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	14523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180824_155026.jpg 
Views:	795 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	14524   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180831_141839.jpg 
Views:	803 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	14525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CROPPED IMG_20180707_085402.jpg 
Views:	883 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	14526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180714_153505.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	14527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180815_203016_01_01.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	14528  

2001 Caterham Superlight R

Looks very nice - classic look and wheels. Thanks for sharing!
    - Brunton Storker, LS3, Chassis 159

Check out my build:
    http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gall...2_itemId=30849

That is a great looking 7! Great color combination and love the instruments. That tach with shift lights is cool.
    2003 Birkin

Vov...,

Congrats on the purchase. Great looking ride; big fan of white cars w/ red interior.

X
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

Stalker Chassis #85 Build Gallery
    Stalker Chassis #85 Owner Thread

Get up in the morning and give the day your very best. You donít get it back.

Looks nice! Congrats
    What part of NY are you in?

Looks like a nicely optioned car Vlad. Good luck with it. Looking forward to seeing it on track at NJMP with us next year. Tom
    Mangia bene, Ridi spesso, Ama molto, Guidare veloce

2000 Caterham Superlight #123
    1.8L VHPD Rover K Series
    2009 Caterham SV
    2.3L Cosworth Duratec

Thanks guys, we all know that all Caterhams were made in their unique combinations.

This one was perfect for me. As mentioned the color combination is great, sequential is certainly fun and I've never seen another one like it.

I was surprised that a Superlight R had a spare tire carrier originally but the VIN checks out, it is a real SLR. Nose cone sadly isn't carbon.

Hood and scuttle surprisingly have a perfect color matching vinyl going down the middle as the stripe, and not paint. Nose cone is painted. Is this unusual? Fair to assume those two items have been replaced? The car has less than a few thousand miles on it and the last few owners haven't modified it much if at all. Its mostly how it came from Virginia build.

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Looks nice! Congrats
    What part of NY are you in?
    I'm in the Capital area.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowss7 View Post
    Looks like a nicely optioned car Vlad. Good luck with it. Looking forward to seeing it on track at NJMP with us next year. Tom
    Looking forward to it!

Still fighting a few battles with it, waking up to water/oil mix puddles but it will get sorted out.

Topping off the Quaife 6spd fluids, changing rear end fluid and putting new tires on it this week.
    2001 Caterham Superlight R

Vlad,
    Congrats on your purchase. I've got a 2000 superlight R. It appears someone in your car's past did some nice mods.

Mine does have Carbon nose and front and rear wings. All are painted on mine. Same wheels although black centers and mine also has a spare tire carrier.

Like the red and white.

Enjoy,

jim

Keep at it, you have less than one year to get it ready for the 7s gathering at NJMP. Mine yellow car is also a 2000 Superlight that has an R spec engine. When I ordered my car, Paint was an option. As was anything that added weight. i.e. heater, windscreen, carpeting, etc. I opted to have the spare tire mount deleted from my build order. I also wanted Clams for the front wings, as I liked that look. So I traded out the carbon wings for the Mike Barnby Magnesium wheels which are very light.

Each 7 is unique. No two are exactly alike in my experience. Enjoy! Tom
    Mangia bene, Ridi spesso, Ama molto, Guidare veloce

2000 Caterham Superlight #123
    1.8L VHPD Rover K Series
    2009 Caterham SV
    2.3L Cosworth Duratec

Yes, from another early '2000's Superlight owner, congratulations on your purchase. The colors and spec of your car are unique. All newly purchased Cats need some fettling (some more than others). It's all part of the fun. New, sticky tires will make a huge difference in performance. Wear goggles and ear plugs, if you are not, whilst out and about. And be prepared to answer endless questions from passers by. I look forward to seeing you and your car at NJMP next year.
    '97 Caterham Super Sprint, 1700 Crossflow-sold
    '09 Birkin S3, Duratec-sold
    '03 Caterham Zetec track car