Thread: Davemk1's shop is in this month's Grassroots Motorsports car magazine.

Default Davemk1's shop is in this month's Grassroots Motorsports car magazine.

As long-time forum member, David Kirk (Davemk1), noted some months ago, his home workshop won the magazine's best "small shop" award this year. Like our 7's, it is small and beautiful (It doesn't hurt that his lovely Westfield sits in it). So clean, so organized! And he offers his 5 top tips for making a small space work. I especially like tip #5: at the end of each work session take 5' to clean up spills, return tools to their assigned location, etc. Failing to do that, he suggests, will result in much time wasted looking for the 12mm, 12-point socket that rolled away when you weren't looking. Hmmm, has he been spying on me???
    To get the other tips you have to buy the mag.
    Congratulations Dave!
    '97 Caterham Super Sprint, 1700 Crossflow-sold
    '09 Birkin S3, Duratec-sold
    '03 Caterham Zetec track car

I remember the photo in the article; the Westfield sitting there with its big, meaty sneakers. And David looking like he was in ‘man cave’ heaven.
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

Stalker Chassis #85 Build Gallery
    Stalker Chassis #85 Owner Thread

Get up in the morning and give the day your very best. You donít get it back.

Cool - I look forward to my copy arriving. Are you a subscriber or did you pick up a copy on the newsstand?

dave

Hey Dave, I am a longtime GRM subscriber. I got this month's version (June, 2018) about a week ago. You and your workshop are on p.140-141. (Does all this publicity mean you can charge more for your bike frames?).
    '97 Caterham Super Sprint, 1700 Crossflow-sold
    '09 Birkin S3, Duratec-sold
    '03 Caterham Zetec track car

Quote Originally Posted by Kitcat View Post
    Hey Dave, I am a longtime GRM subscriber. I got this month's version (June, 2018) about a week ago. You and your workshop are on p.140-141. (Does all this publicity mean you can charge more for your bike frames?).
    I wish the car/bike cross over was larger and that things like this would aide the cause but 99% of my customers have never heard of the magazine and 99% of the magazine readers think an expensive bike costs $500.

But this whole thing has been fun and I won some cool stuff. Not a bad result considering I entered on a whim as I had nothing better to do on a cold but clear winter day than clean the shop and take a few photos. Good stuff.

dave

Quote Originally Posted by Davemk1 View Post
    . . . 99% of my customers have never heard of the magazine . . . I had nothing better to do on a cold but clear winter day than clean the shop and take a few photos. Good stuff.
    Post the GRM photo for the 'non' GRM reader audience.
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

Stalker Chassis #85 Build Gallery
    Stalker Chassis #85 Owner Thread

Get up in the morning and give the day your very best. You donít get it back.

I just got my copy of the magazine in the mail and I like the way it came out. Simple and clean.

I've attached the 5 photos I submitted for the contest....they used 3 of them in the layout.

Well it's back to the grind now of making stuff and getting my shop dirty again!

dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6344.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	14137  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6340.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	14136  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6323.jpg 
Views:	17