Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To those that have Brooklands aeroscreens

Default To those that have Brooklands aeroscreens

My car currently has a traditional Seven windshield (about 12Ē from the base to the top of the frame). The car also has side curtains. I am thinking about fitting a pair of Brooklands wind screens to the car. My question to those of you that have, or have had, Brooklands on your car is basically, how are they working out?
    Westfield 7, Series 1

Quote Originally Posted by sagamore View Post
    My car currently has a traditional Seven windshield (about 12” from the base to the top of the frame). The car also has side curtains. I am thinking about fitting a pair of Brooklands wind screens to the car. My question to those of you that have, or have had, Brooklands on your car is basically, how are they working out?
    I've also kicked around the idea of getting a set for my car. My dad had one for his '62 but the only time I ever saw it on the car was when he was headed to a competition event of some sort. Makes me think they probably aren't great to live with on a day to day basis.
    '87 Caterham Cosworth BDR 1700 "HPC Spec"

I had a pair mounted on a bar from Caterham that could be removed with four bolts and the regular windscreen put back on. I really liked driving with the Brooklands screens. To me it seemed to have less buffeting than the windscreen and wind wings. Others who rode in it disagreed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3133.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	13777
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3141.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	13778

Had a regular windshield. Switched to Brooklands...loved them. Now running a carbon fiber windscreen. Still have the Brooklands; will not part with them. I track my car and the cf windscreen is much lighter than the Brooklands (not much street driving these days). However, if I replace the cf windscreen with anything ‘see through’ in the future, you can bet it will be my Brooklands.
    Last edited by xcarguy; 02-06-2018 at 06:44 PM.
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

Stalker Chassis #85 Build Gallery
    Stalker Chassis #85 Owner Thread

Get up in the morning and give the day your very best. You donít get it back.

Thanks for the replies. My next decision will be to whether or not drill into the scuttle.
    Westfield 7, Series 1

Quote Originally Posted by sagamore View Post
    Thanks for the replies. My next decision will be to whether or not drill into the scuttle.
    DRILL, DRILL, DRILL!

Inspiration: http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gall...2_itemId=21338
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

Stalker Chassis #85 Build Gallery
    Stalker Chassis #85 Owner Thread

Get up in the morning and give the day your very best. You donít get it back.

I'm using an aeroscreen on my Westie and I like is so much more that the windscreen. I assumed I might swap back and forth but I've never put the windscreen back on.

In my case I'm able to use the holes already in the scuttle for the windscreen for the side mounts and I drilled one hole in the center that would be covered by the stock windscreen if I swapped it back.

dave

I have a set of Brooklands for my Cat. The first time I tried to mount them, the bracket they are mounted on crosses the scuttle on top of the windshield wiper shafts. Not sure how to address the interference.
    Life happens while you're making other plans
    1995 Caterham Crossflow RHD
    2013 Mini (Her's)

Quote Originally Posted by coffee break View Post
    I have a set of Brooklands for my Cat. The first time I tried to mount them, the bracket they are mounted on crosses the scuttle on top of the windshield wiper shafts. Not sure how to address the interference.
    Is it possible that turning the bracket/mount 180* and remounting the Brooklands would clear the wiper shafts?

Has anyone mounted Brooklands on an Ultralite? I like my Lexan shields but when driving in the late afternoon, headed west, no matter how clean they look all those tiny little scratches make it next to impossible to see, so I just park it 'til the sun is out of the way or head another direction. It's really bad on twisty mountain road going from shade to sun in face.
    Mike
    2005 WCM Ultralite S2K