Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Save the Date - 2018 Sevens HPDE event at NJMP

Scott Lentz and MichaelD were at LOG 30 with us. I remember them at the track day with Tom (YellowSS). I remember Norm Beaver was there as well and helped put on the LOG 30 auto-X. "Birkin Bob" was there too, even more ostracized by the true-blue Lotus owners than we Caterham imposters were. Tony Vacarro (sp?), , a longtime Caterham owner/supporter/proselytizer was there too as I recall. He occasionally stumbles onto this forum, tho hasn't been to NJMP. But the instigators of this whole big NJMP gathering of the Se7ens clans were YellowSS and Croc. Big thx to those 2 guys for keeping the flame alive and this event going and growing and getting it better by the year!
    Last edited by Kitcat; 01-11-2018 at 01:06 PM.
    '97 Caterham Super Sprint, 1700 Crossflow-sold
    '09 Birkin S3, Duratec-sold
    '03 Caterham Zetec track car

Just to make sure this thread is complete, although this post is actually "off-topic" Joan and I were at Gettysburg/LOG 30, and felt as if we were "outsiders" and not as "welcome" as we had been in Birmingham/LOG 29. At least this past year at Birmingham/LOG 37, Joan and I felt that there was more consideration of the "non-Lotus" Lotus Seven Inspired Sportscars.
    2007 Caterham 7 SV

I must be having senior moments - yes thats where I met Taber and Joan. Sorry Taber - thank you for the gentle prompt.

And yes I did meet Glen for the first time there too plus my future prospective neighbors Maureen and Steve.

It was a wonderful event for meeting so many Sevenistas for the first time even if we were banished to Siberia for the car display morning. I gained a lot of new friends in the sevening world. And it kicked off our own form of get together event so much good came from it.

And the updates continue...

1. Tom G
    2. Norm
    3. Len C
    4. George H
    5. Tom C
    6. Paul
    7. Mike M
    8. Blake
    9. John B
    10. Dan F
    11. Graham
    12. Seb
    13. Jeff H
    14. Mike
    15. Fred M
    16. Steve M
    17. Jim A

Last edited by Croc; 01-12-2018 at 05:21 AM.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Taber10 View Post
    Just to make sure this thread is complete, although this post is actually "off-topic" Joan and I were at Gettysburg/LOG 30, and felt as if we were "outsiders" and not as "welcome" as we had been in Birmingham/LOG 29. At least this past year at Birmingham/LOG 37, Joan and I felt that there was more consideration of the "non-Lotus" Lotus Seven Inspired Sportscars.
    I had met Taber and Joan at the Birmingham LOG so we were old friends by Gettysburg Joan was all for taking the car on track, but I couldn't quite convince Taber that he let her do it. I'm still hoping they will take a ride up to NJMP and join in on the fun. Tom
    2000 Caterham Superlight #123
    1.8L VHPD Rover K Series
    2009 Caterham SV
    2.3L Cosworth Duratec

looking to have the WCM there!
    Roman

WCM S2k Ultralite , formerly miatalite.

And the updates continue...

1. Tom G
    2. Norm
    3. Len C
    4. George H
    5. Tom C
    6. Paul
    7. Mike M
    8. Blake
    9. John B
    10. Dan F
    11. Graham
    12. Seb
    13. Jeff H
    14. Mike
    15. Fred M
    16. Steve M
    17. Jim A
    18.Roman
    19.Scott L
    20.Dave H

There are still quite a few past participants that haven't popped online yet that I fully expect will opt in. I also know there are several potential more that expressed interest after last year's event concluded. Hopefully they will make it this year. Where else can you find this many sevens together at one time. Even if you don't want to put your car on track, you should consider coming out and join in on the fun. The banter in the paddock is half the fun. This really is a fun group of people.

And just to reassure you, if you've never been on track before, you can run in the Novice group, which has no passing, lots of classroom instruction and I'm sure we can get you some in car instruction as well. Tom
    Last edited by yellowss7; 01-15-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    2000 Caterham Superlight #123
    1.8L VHPD Rover K Series
    2009 Caterham SV
    2.3L Cosworth Duratec

Thats an important point of Tom's to highlight. There are in-car instructors available. I went out for 3 sessions in the novice group as an instructor last year for a new HPDE seven participant. Jeff, Tom and myself are all Drivers Club accredited instructors along with the roster of NJMP's regular instruction professionals. If you have never done this before, this is your best opportunity to try your seven out in a very gentle introduction under expert oversight.
    Mike

I seem to recall a video of last years event ............
    Lotus Europa, newest project
    Lotus Elan S4, almost a Sprint
    Lotus Élan S1, Enhanced
    Lotus Racing Kart, Track Terror
    Lotus Exige S, Wicked Road & Track

Hi Glen

And here is the wonderful video in question, created by the spectacular video wizard and all-round nice guy - yourself!

Naturally, this video is of the regular group and not the Novice group where the action is far more gentle and sedate.

So that leads me to ask....are we going to see you again this year? Love to have you around!

Cheers
    mike
    Mike

Awe sucks. Flattery will get you everywhere. I have the dates in my calendar, will try for the Thunderbolt day to shoot another video.
    Lotus Europa, newest project
    Lotus Elan S4, almost a Sprint
    Lotus Élan S1, Enhanced
    Lotus Racing Kart, Track Terror
    Lotus Exige S, Wicked Road & Track