Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caterham Spotted in Redmond, WA

Default Caterham Spotted in Redmond, WA

Twice in the last three days I have seen a silver Caterham with black stripes on roads in Redmond (Willows and Lk. Sam Pkwy). Since there aren't many Caterhams in the area, it was a real surprise to see another. If this is you, or someone you know, it would be good to meet up or exchange info.
    2012 CSR 260, registered as a 1966 Super 7

Still in the massive grin stage. Damn bugs!

I've lived and worked on the Eastside for a long time and have never seen any make of se7en on the street, let alone twice in a week. With that kind of luck you may want to consider playing PowerBall Have you checked with Bruce Beachman? He may know the car. BTW there is a new Caterham (believe it's a 420S) under construction in Carnation. No idea when it will be completed.

-John
    Westfield SEiW
    2.0L Duratec
    Throttle Steer

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCh View Post
    I've lived and worked on the Eastside for a long time and have never seen any make of se7en on the street, let alone twice in a week. With that kind of luck you may want to consider playing PowerBall Have you checked with Bruce Beachman? He may know the car. BTW there is a new Caterham (believe it's a 420S) under construction in Carnation. No idea when it will be completed.

-John
    I was in my CSR the second time I saw the 7, so at least that driver is aware there are others out here. Called Bruce immediately after the first viewing and he also didn't know the car. The 420 near Carnation is over 50% complete.
    2012 CSR 260, registered as a 1966 Super 7

Still in the massive grin stage. Damn bugs!

When I connected with him a couple of weeks ago he characterized things as going slowly; good to hear he is making progress. Hopefully the car will be completed before we enter the Wet Hell season.

-John
    Westfield SEiW
    2.0L Duratec
    Throttle Steer

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCh View Post
    When I connected with him a couple of weeks ago he characterized things as going slowly; good to hear he is making progress. Hopefully the car will be completed before we enter the Wet Hell season.

-John
    Wet would be nicer than the 36 inches of snow we had on the OlyPen last season. :-)

Randall

We weren't spared the snow this year. 10" of wet, heavy snow in one day with 7 trees downed on our property. It seemed appropriate to mention that here given the number

BTW a little bit more on topic; although I've tried to organize get togethers and tours in the past with very little interest, perhaps we are getting the number of se7ens in the area up enough that could actually do something?

-John
    Westfield SEiW
    2.0L Duratec
    Throttle Steer

I would be interested in hearing about any northwest gathering of 7s.

-Al
    2003 Birkin

I would do everything I could to show up.

Randall

Rather than further derail this thread, I started a new one here to gauge interest on a Seattle-area event or tour.

-John
    Westfield SEiW
    2.0L Duratec
    Throttle Steer

I saw a pale blue 420R this afternoon on the Microsoft campus. The front was partially obscured, but I think it may have an orange band around the nose in the classic Gulf palette. Anyone know that car?

-John
    Westfield SEiW
    2.0L Duratec
    Throttle Steer