Thread: Any Birkin owners in the Bay?

Default Any Birkin owners in the Bay?

Hi everyone. I'm considering a Birkin S3, but I've only sat in the cockpit of a mid-90s Caterham which seemed okay, but I'm not sure about the fit with the Birkin. Is there anyone in the Bay area who would be willing to let me sit in your Birkin? Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm considering a Birkin S3, but I've only sat in the cockpit of a mid-90s Caterham which seemed okay, but I'm not sure about the fit with the Birkin. Is there anyone in the Bay area who would be willing to let me sit in your Birkin? Thanks so much!
    Not exactly Bay area...but if you can make it to Los Angeles you are welcome for a ride in my Birkin. Please see also PM.

Something to consider is the new stretched Birkin, I think 3" wider and 3" longer.

If the mid-90's Caterham was a "short" cockpit version, it and the Birkin are 99% identical, size wise, for driver.
    Kitcat:AKA, Sir Spinsalot
    '97 Caterham Super Sprint, 1700 Crossflow-sold
    '09 Birkin S3, Duratec-sold
    '03 Caterham Zetec track car
    '19 Honda Type R, sold
    '19 Miata Clubsport

Quote Originally Posted by slomove View Post
    Not exactly Bay area...but if you can make it to Los Angeles you are welcome for a ride in my Birkin. Please see also PM.
    Thanks for the offer. I'm down in LA every couple weeks for work, so I'll send you a PM next time I've got a trip planned.

Papak, on this site has an XS (wide body) Birkin in the LA area. Engine is currently out chasing an oil leak but I bet he would welcome a looker.

Tom

Always available. Just drop me a line here. It should be back on the road in a week or so.

Default Any Birkin owners in the Bay

There used to be few in the bay area. I dont look here often myself any more. Have you found B.A.R.F yet? By the way, Carfax charges too much to provide the car vin reports. You can try http://vehhistory.com , which offers same services without any costs.

There;s a guy with a Birkin who shows up at the Marin Cars & Coffee pretty regularly.