Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Caterham SV with Turbocharged Miata Engine For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by scannon View Post
    I don't think it has quite sunk in that after 11 years I no longer own the car.
    Its when it drives away or gets loaded on the truck that it really sinks in. This is why I rarely sell cars - I find it hard to give them up.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Its when it drives away or gets loaded on the truck that it really sinks in. This is why I rarely sell cars - I find it hard to give them up.
    That's when I really felt it when my yellow '92 Miata went on the transport after 19 years of ownership. The Miata and the Caterham took about a year between first thinking of selling to finally advertising and selling.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN7361.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	12660
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN7362.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	12659  

I don't sell cars, I've given them away and parted them out, but If they are in good condition, I keep 'em. It's why I have so many cars.

Quote Originally Posted by DneprDave View Post
    I don't sell cars, I've given them away and parted them out, but If they are in good condition, I keep 'em. It's why I have so many cars.
    If I had done that I would have 359 cars and 16 motorcycles cluttering my yard. The HOA would not be happy.

so what is #360?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWood View Post
    so what is #360?
    #360 is TBD. I will start seriously looking next week. I stopped by the local independent Ferrari service and restoration shop yesterday to chat with the owner. He has an Alfa Montreal in the shop that he said is a solid car but the owner wants the engine removed and put in something else. I said that when the engine has been removed if the owner of the car wants to sell to let me know first. I'll slip an LS3 in place of the OEM V8.

There is a '32 Ford Coupe that hits the local car shows that runs that small 2.5L Montreal V8...I often wondered
    how that conversion happened..perhaps now I know...chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by scannon View Post
    If I had done that I would have 359 cars and 16 motorcycles cluttering my yard. The HOA would not be happy.
    Lightweight

Skip,
    I will enjoy having another Seven in the neighborhood and maybe at Summit Point. This makes 7- Sevens within 45 miles of Bethesda.
    Michael D.

2000 Caterham DeDion
    Bethesda, MD

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    Skip,
    I will enjoy having another Seven in the neighborhood and maybe at Summit Point. This makes 7- Sevens within 45 miles of Bethesda.
    Glad to have helped you out. Hopefully he will show up on this forum, that's where he spotted the ad.