Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Clarkson Suspended from Top Gear

Default Jeremy Clarkson Suspended from Top Gear

And next week's show pulled from the schedule! Looks to me like England and the BBC are getting too deep into the PC world.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31824040
    Last edited by scannon; 03-10-2015 at 03:53 PM.

I've heard that Top Gear is the BBC's most popular show. In my opinion, that is partially because it's not politically correct. But as the BBC has no advertising revenue, they don't need to care about ratings. I like that show enough to actually buy the discs, which have a full hour of content, not with 20 minutes cut out by BBC America.
    Westfield SEiW
    Done building, now grinning

It is their most popular show and one of the articles said it is their biggest source of income. I think the whole politically correct thing has gotten way out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by scannon View Post
    It is their most popular show and one of the articles said it is their biggest source of income. I think the whole politically correct thing has gotten way out of hand.
    Who pays whom? Do other countries pay the BBC? And I agree with the PC thing. It seems as though everybody is trying to be the most indignant or offened.

Tom
    Builder of the Internetz
    Superformance S-1 # 55

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road SHO View Post
    Who pays whom? Do other countries pay the BBC? And I agree with the PC thing. It seems as though everybody is trying to be the most indignant or offened.

Tom
    The BBC stands to lose 50 million GBP, or about 85 million USD, from foreign distribution rights, not to mention a drop of 4 million viewers since he has been off the air. From the BBC's stand point, I could see it as risk management for potential future litigation. After all, from what I understand, Jeremy assaulted an assistant producer merely for not arranging for a hot meal after a long shooting day. Was there a heated exchange between the two which ticked Jeremy off, or was it just his Prima Donna coming out? Neither is known at this point, but in either case, you know there will be a potential lawsuit. So the BBC is just mitigating it's role, not to mention liability, in this matter by acting indignant which is smart. But needless to say, I think this is all play acting. The BBC is not going to lose it's largest revenue stream, and I am sure that they will get Jeremy to publicly apologise, and pay a quiet settlement to the assistant producer coupled with big a promotion. Nice to be that assistant producer now, or should I say executive producer lol.

Clarkson makes the show in my opinion.

PC has gotten so ridiculous that Starbucks now calls its black coffee as uncreamed.
    Ultralite S2k-SC
    Ultralite S2k

Rumor has it he punched out a producer for not having a hot meal available at the end of a cold day of filming. May have been some argument prior to the punch.

I suspect he will be back after some amends have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by WestTexasS2K View Post
    Clarkson makes the show in my opinion.

PC has gotten so ridiculous that Starbucks now calls its black coffee as uncreamed.
    So, did Clarkson 'cream' the producer or 'un-blacken' him?
    Stalker V8, chassis #85

Stalker Chassis #85 Build Gallery
    Stalker Chassis #85 Owner Thread

Get up in the morning and give the day your very best. You donít get it back.

The plot thickens, as you may have heard, Clarkson had went on a rant at some charity event auctioning off a lap around the Top Gear Test Track. Basically after venting on all the BBC executives, his parting remark was something like "should I get fired, so be it." While the media is playing this up as heightened tensions between the BBC and Clarkson and perhaps a peak at secret conversations, my satirical side tells me that this may be a PR stroke of genius. Just look at all the free airplay and conversations this has started, including this thread. The millions of people signing petitions and calling for Clarkson's reinstatement. And strangely enough, the assistant producer has not materialized and I have yet to see any calls for his resignation. Very well orchestrated if you ask me. But the BBC has ended their investigation, gathered all the evidence, and we should be hearing shortly. The BBC has decided to air the remaining taped episodes and speculation of replacement candidates abound. But should Jeremy be replaced, I think we all know it will not be the same. Just like the US Top Gear, it will be just a lame copy.