Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 35th annual Lotus Owners Gathering - Colorado Springs

I'll check.
    - Brunton Storker, LS3, Chassis 159

Check out my build:
    http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gall...2_itemId=30849

I think that is still undecided. The Mercedes club is handling the track day and will make the rules. There should be info coming out fairly soon.

Three weeks til LOG....
    Skip:
    Keeping with the theme of this group vs the majority of LOG attendees, besides the secret
    handshake, do we have any plans for recognising OUR members?

Rosemarie and I are flying into Denver early Wednesday, have some tourist railway tours
    planned for Wednesday/Thursday so will check in later Thursday. Unless something more
    fun turns up we have a Mustang convertible rented but if someone had a Seven or Lotus
    whatever available we could have our arm twisted!

Looking forward to seeing more of Colorado, plan to twist our legs around the 4 corners
    monument, plus other fun touristy things.
    Paul Hill
    Morrisburg, Ontario
    Canada

'75 Caterham (basketcase)
    3 Europas in varying decay

We will be there in a 1991 Elan. More luggage space, it has a top and doors, AC, radio, turbo for the high altitude... It should be fun. The last Colorado LOG had several Lotus VI in attendance. The altitude took a lot of the flat head powered cars. I'm looking forward to the drive up Pike's peak. I hope to spend some time around Durango before LOG.
    Dean G.

I hope to see lots of photos and video.
    Life happens while you're making other plans
    1995 Caterham Crossflow RHD
    1990 Miata
    2013 Mini (Her's)

Paul,

We will be parking our Se7ens with the real Sevens but other than that nothing special is planned for our group.

How many USA7s members are planning on attending?

Somewhere along the line we should all get together for lunch or one of the planned drives.

The Four Corners is overrated IMHO. A small monument and a bunch of touristy trap booths selling Indian artifacts mostly made in China. There are many more things to do without driving out to the middle of nowhere. Highway 550 from Durango to Silverton is one of the great roads in the country and is in that area.

Skip

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hill View Post
    Three weeks til LOG....
    Skip:
    Keeping with the theme of this group vs the majority of LOG attendees, besides the secret
    handshake, do we have any plans for recognising OUR members?

Rosemarie and I are flying into Denver early Wednesday, have some tourist railway tours
    planned for Wednesday/Thursday so will check in later Thursday. Unless something more
    fun turns up we have a Mustang convertible rented but if someone had a Seven or Lotus
    whatever available we could have our arm twisted!

Looking forward to seeing more of Colorado, plan to twist our legs around the 4 corners
    monument, plus other fun touristy things.

In times past I have tried to get people together for a breakfast meet. It has generally worked well for the M100 folks (there are only a few of us). A Se7en gathering could be done. There is a lot packed into a LOG (last LOG I was still recovering from open heart surgery, it was the first time at LOG where I wasn't going 5AM-2AM).

Besides the hotel's undoubtedly pricey restaurant the only thing I see that might fit the bill is New Day Cafe 5901 Delmonico Dr Colorado Springs, CO 80919. Anyone with local knowledge have any interesting and close breakfast places.\?
    Dean G.

Thanks for your thoughts Skip. While I am of a similar opinion re tourist traps like the 4 corners, since we will be relatively close to ride the Durango & Silverton train I was overruled so I agreed to the corners if could hit some of the Million Dollar Highway.
    Dean.... we're flexible as to a get-together, whatever you and/or Skip can arrange. We're also open to other attraction suggestions while we're there.

My email hasn't overflowed with offers of a Lotus to drive so I guess we'll live with the Mustang.....

Counting the days!
    Paul Hill
    Morrisburg, Ontario
    Canada

'75 Caterham (basketcase)
    3 Europas in varying decay

Joe (CSR with Sadev + RST engine) will be there, driving the Zenos E10s from San Diego. I will be there and take the Zenos back to Tennessee. Driving to LOG in a Mustang also.

Quote Originally Posted by randychase View Post
    Joe (CSR with Sadev + RST engine) will be there, driving the Zenos E10s from San Diego. I will be there and take the Zenos back to Tennessee. Driving to LOG in a Mustang also.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the Zenos up close and personal.