PDA

View Full Version : Time for some rules...

slngsht
02-29-2008, 08:30 PM
We have an amazingly well behaved forum. As we grow, we need to lay down some "rules of the road" to keep the community healthy.

This list will be modified as we go. so, here we go...

1- Brand comparisons: We ALL have a weak spot for whatever we own / want. Please focus on the positives of your car, and stay away from mine is better than brand X because (insert price, performance, weight, authenticity, etc...), PARTICULARLY if you are a manufacturer. I've done my share of good hearted jokes on BEC vs. V8, etc... We all gotta know when it's not good hearted anymore, and back off.

2 (Busa Rule)- English is the official language. I know I ruffled a few feathers over this one... nothing personal.

3- No links to sites with inappropriate content or links - this just brings us trouble via search engines.

4- No posts of street racing - exception is news footage and the like.

5- For sale section - Let's keep each post about the specific item for sale. If you don't like the price being asked, or see something wrong with the listing, take it to PM.

6- From time to time I will step in and edit posts etc... If you have a problem with that, PM me. Don't start an editorial in the middle of a thread

7- Refrain from flaming other members, using inappropriate words, etc...

8- Politics: from time to time we'll hit a hot button issue. For most part we have been able to keep the posts on-topic and issue focused. As long as that continues, we can have a civil discussion. When the name calling starts, it lowers the enjoyment of the forum for all of us.

MHKflyer52
02-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Noted and understood. They are fair rules.

BusaLoco
02-29-2008, 09:53 PM
I thought that Spanish was allowed as an official language. ...
"just like Slngsht said:
USA = English or Spanish"

Ok, OK Goddammit! ... English Only (grumble).:rolleyes:

That's it? ... Only 5 rules? ... C'mon!:yawn:

slngsht
02-29-2008, 10:48 PM
I thought that Spanish was allowed as an official language. ...
"just like Slngsht said:
USA = English or Spanish"

Ok, OK Goddammit! ... English Only (grumble).:rolleyes:

That's it? ... Only 5 rules? ... C'mon!:yawn:

Yup, and one of them is named after you... Busa Rule :D

EburgE
03-01-2008, 05:34 AM
I think HTML should be the official langugage. :)

BusaLoco
03-01-2008, 08:20 AM
How can we trust this lunatic (Slngsht) to create a set of rules.
He's certifiably nuts ... (from Automobilemag.com) ...
"Mazda Ebrahimi is ruggedly handsome, unfailingly affable, remarkably generous, extraordinarily clever, and certifiably insane. A software engineer by trade, he's also a mad scientist who's crammed a honking Chevy LS1 V-8 that he picked up on eBay into a tiny, open-wheeled, kazoo-shaped kit car loosely based on the spindly Lotus Seven. That alone isn't evidence of lunacy; in fact, it's pretty much par for the course on a steamy July morning in the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina, where the owners of nearly sixty Lotus Sevens, Caterhams, and LSiSs - Lotus Seven-inspired sports cars - have congregated for today's 7-7-7 celebration (July 7, 2007, get it?) of the fiftieth anniversary of Colin Chapman's beloved "four-wheeled motorbike." No, the proof that Ebrahimi ought to be institutionalized is his inexplicable willingness to let me drive his beast on the Tail of the Dragon, a notorious section of U.S. Highway 129 that probably features more picturesque twists - 318 in eleven miles - and vehicular mayhem than any other public road in the country." ...
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/0711_lotus_seven/index.html

:crazy:

BusaLoco
03-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Yup, and one of them is named after you... Busa Rule :D

By the Way, That (above) is a typo ... It's Busas Rule (as in Hayabusas Rule Baby)!

Taber10
01-31-2009, 09:54 AM
The rules seem simple, fair, straightforward and helpful--I should have read them when I first joined!
Taber