PDA

View Full Version : Washed the blood off my car tonight

NVP66S
08-17-2016, 12:24 AM
I was tootling along at a legal 55 mph when a jack rabbit ran into the side of my car. Sounded like a rock hitting with a loud crash. I stopped and there was no sign of the rabbit, but the rear fender is broken in a minor way. I can easily fix the damage, but matching the gel coat will be a challenge. Oh well.
Dan

JohnCh
08-17-2016, 08:12 AM
Sorry to hear that. On the way back from USA2005 I hit a tire carcass on a dark stretch of freeway at 5:30am. It shattered the rear wing (and nearly me) so I can empathize. Do you have the detachable rear wings? If so, have you considered buying a replacement from Westfield? Given the Brexit Pound, it's a little over $200 + shipping, so depending on the effort to repair and the hassles with attempting to get matching gel coat here in the States, it might be worth it. BTW your body panels are marked with information that enables the factory to match gel coat colors after the fact -- my new rear wing was a perfect match.

-John

NVP66S
08-17-2016, 10:18 AM
Yes the rear wings are detachable. I think the first thing I will try is to remove it, piece the bits together (I have them all) and reinforce from the inside. If that looks good, it will be stronger than the chopper-gun original. Depending on how things go, I may try to match it with paint. ... or just buy a new one from the factory.